Overview Pine Point Animal Hospital
has an opportunity for a Veterinary Assistant
to join our team! Location:
12 Pine Point Rd, Scarborough, ME 04074Shift Details:
This is a full-time position, working four days per week from 8 am to 5:30 pm with a rotating Saturday shift from 8 am to 12 pm.Compensation:
Based on experience We established our hospital in December of 2005 with the goal of providing medical, surgical, and dental care with individual attention and compassion. We are very client and patient focused, with a passion for client education. Experience is preferred, but we're open to training the right candidate!
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay
- Employee discount for veterinary care for your furry family members
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package for full-time employees
- 401k retirement plan options with company match for all staff over 21 years old
- A yearly scrub/uniform allowance for all employees
- Flexible schedule options
- Paid time off and paid holidays for full-time employees
- Short-term disability insurance provided to all full-time employees
- Life insurance and other benefit options are also available for full-time employees
- Education discount for all staff who desire to become an RVT/CVT/LVT through the Penn Foster Online program (some eligibility requirements)
- Free virtual yoga, fitness, and meditation classes for all employees
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition, and cooking classes for all employees
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities
A veterinary assistant must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
While under the supervision of the veterinary technicians and practice manager. A veterinary assistant must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to: Veterinary Care
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
Special Working Conditions
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods.
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in a hospital environment.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Minimal travel required, possibly for vendor visits and associate education.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Apply today for immediate consideration! Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. #IND123 #ZR