The Therma° UX Research Intern will play a critical role in driving forward Therma’s user insights and customer understanding. You will collaborate directly with Therma’s Product Manager to craft and manage user research studies across various UX methodologies. You will participate in interviewing and the analysis of results. We are looking for someone who is excited to empathize with users and discover insights.
This role reports to the Product Manager and is based out of our United States headquarters located in San Francisco, CA. Working hours will be PST but open to remote.
- You will play an integral part in gathering insights about product user needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors to inspire and inform design and development.
- You will be responsible for the recruitment, management, and administration of end-to-end user research studies.
- You will explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis
- You will participate in the analysis & review of research findings in order to brainstorm novel solutions to user needs.
- You'll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products
- The right candidate will be an effective communicator, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between data, technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, and a great collaborator
- Experience conveying research findings and implications to audiences
- Knowledge of research methods in at least one subset of methods (e.g., survey design and quantitative data analysis, ethnography) - qualitative and/or quantitative research
- Knowledge of human-centered design practices and methodologies.
- Pursuing a current undergraduate degree or graduate degree.
- Available to work part-time during school, 10 - 20 hours a week pending discussion.
This is a paid internship that receives:
- $15/hour for undergraduate-level candidates
- $25/hour for graduate-level candidates