Title Examiner/Operations Associate
Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
Flyhomes Closing, LLC is looking for an experienced Title Examiner/Officer who enjoys working with Clients and teammates, coordinating documentation and tasks, and facilitating internal and external communication throughout each real estate transaction.
The key outcomes we are looking for are to elevate our workflow to a new standard of excellence and efficiency, while enriching communication with all parties involved in the real estate transaction.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Scrutinize recorded documents to determine ownership, legal descriptions, and encumbrances to title.
- Assess risks and liabilities and determine the insurability due to matters of record including but not limited to deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgements, probate, and assessments.
- Precisely prepare title commitments.
- Meet or exceed all SLAs.
- Recognize title defects and work with escrow teams and clients for curative solutions.
- Mentor fellow team members to advance their knowledge and ability to grow with the organization.
- Perform other duties and special projects assigned by management.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure the clients have an exceptional closing experience.
What you will bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a Title Examiner/Officer.
- Extensive expertise of underwriting guidelines, policies, and title and escrow curative procedures with a concentration in Washington State guidelines, policies and real estate laws preferred.
- A meticulous attention to details.
- Experience with searching programs, Data Trace preferred.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to act quickly, think critically and work well as part of a growing team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work-from-home.
- A desire to learn and expand your knowledge of both Title and Escrow production.
- Experience with Data Trace/Tree, Qualia, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PDF file formatting.
- You work with a sense of urgency:You stay on top of your work. You go beyond “check the box” mentality. You are not afraid to ask questions.
- You’re driven:You are organized, focused, and disciplined. You are conscientious. You’re adept at prioritizing your work, your day, and your career.
- You write things down: You enjoy the process of creating new procedures and documenting workflow processes.
- You’re collaborative and communicative:You partner effectively with internal colleagues. You share ideas, learn from others, and keep teammates informed about problems, opportunities, progress, and solutions.