Hunter Engineering, a third-generation family company, is the world leader in automotive service equipment. We design and build industry-leading wheel alignment systems, wheel balancing systems, vehicle inspection systems, and more. Hunter equipment, made in America, is approved and used by vehicle manufacturers, tire companies, and dealers in over 130 countries. Hunter is a fun and innovative place to work, where we constantly develop new products from ideas generated by our team. As a family company, we do not answer to Wall Street demands or changing Private Equity owners. Our people come first as we aim for excellence. We value work/life balance and take pride in our culture of excellence, respect, innovation, teamwork, and service to others.
We are currently seeking a System Administrator III for our company’s headquarters in Bridgeton, Missouri. This role will advance the IT infrastructure that includes servers, desktops, firewalls, web platforms, AS400 and over 500 users.
- This role will have a strong emphasis on networking, with hypervisor and storage infrastructure as a secondary focus
- Establish and manage the technology infrastructure that supports business operations (hardware, networks, operating systems, systems middleware, and telecommunications).
- Manage various components related to network infrastructure, including 802.1x authentication and ensuring configurations meet internal security requirements.
- Manage hypervisor infrastructure, including storage, servers, and switching.
- Understand business requirements and effectively design, communicate, and deliver technical solutions to both technical and business audiences.
- Assist with maintaining hardware, software, and system contracts for all of Hunter Engineering’s IT assets.
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain a superb work ethic with a high level of integrity to all user levels of the organization
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on IT Infrastructure
- Strong understanding of Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server 2016, 2019 and 2022
- Solid grasp of MS Active Directory and Group Policy in a multi-domain, geographically separated environment
- Minimum requirement of CCNA or equivalent certification, or demonstratable practical experience
- Solid TCP/IP network knowledge and troubleshooting skills, with an understanding of DHCP, WINS, and DNS network services.
- 3+ years of experience installing, configuring, maintaining, tuning and troubleshooting hypervisors and related components.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware backup concepts and best practices. Preferably experienced using Veeam Backup and Replication software.
- Good understanding of general SAN and storage architecture
- Knowledge of 802.1x as it relates to wireless and wired networking including troubleshooting and best practices
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, cooperative teamwork skills, excellent problem‑solving ability, high degree of flexibility as well as the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Must be detail-oriented and can identify, prioritize and resolve tasks.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Comfortable in fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.