Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are looking for detail-oriented and creative Backend Engineers to join our Noida, Fly Engineering team!
You’ll be working on the core backend architecture and APIs that power Flyhomes’ tools, search, and client-facing features. You will have a strong hand in shaping the future of Flyhomes’ architectural evolution.
You should have experience and passion for building out scalable, nimble service architectures with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Ruby, and Python.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate on an agile team with Fullstack Engineers and Product Managers to build and release features and enhancements.
- Build efficient, scalable, and reusable services and worker processes.
- Continuously iterate and improve the Flyhomes code-base with our forward-looking roadmap in mind
- Find and address performance and security issues
- Participate in regular design and code reviews
- Identify and advocate for engineering best practices across the engineering organization.
What is needed
- 5+ years experience and expert knowledge of service implementations in languages such as Ruby, Python, or Java.
- 2+ years of experience of working with databases with both relational and key/value stores.
- BA in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions quickly and support consensus within a project team.
- Interest in modern and RESTful API design principles.
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together