Social Media Specialist
Problem We are Solving:
Businesses are paying billions in tax penalties every single year for filing forms or making payments after they are due. We aid small business owners by using technology in taking charge of their tax requirements with deadline tracking, budgeting, and so much more. We are not a tax firm. We are a technology startup putting the power back in the hands of the business owner. We want to completely upend the status quo that says only the rich can benefit from great tax support.
Who we are:
ComplYant is venture backed by Techstars, Mucker, and Slauson & Co. We are based in Los Angeles but have a fully remote team and genuinely believe in work life balance. We are on a mission to transform business tax compliance for small business owners. We are seeing exciting traction and looking to expand our engineering team.
How we work:
We segregate work into teams. You will be able to connect with other teams to learn and grow because we don’t believe in siloed skills and teams. We are better as a whole if we all can contribute anywhere and everywhere our skill sets could be of value.
About this role:
Our team is going to grow really fast in the not-too-distant future. This role will start as a marketing generalist with a focus on social, and will eventually specialize in social media.
What you get to do:
- Own all of our social media channels, including strategy and execution
- Create content for each channel that fits the channel audience
- Create imagery that fits each channel to go along with posts
- Manage and maintain our social content calendar
- Engage with and support the community surrounding our brand
- Occasional market research and competitor research via social channels
- Own reporting for various social channels (mainly organic)
- Contribute to marketing campaign development and execution
- Assist the Marketing Manager and teammates with a variety of marketing activities
Your background likely includes:
- Work in a marketing capacity for 3-5 years
- Experience creating and executing on social strategies
- Experience with content creation, including copy and graphics
- Experience managing social channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok
- An understanding of how to measure success for each social channel, and relay those measurements to others
- Experience managing multiple marketing projects for yourself or others
- A great track record for learning and adapting quickly
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- If you have more than 1 year experience with graphic design and/or copywriting
- If you have experience with A/B testing
- If you’re super organized and process-oriented
- If you’ve ever worked in the SaaS and/or Tax space
- if you’ve ever freelanced or run your own business
- You interview as yourself, not who you want us to believe that you are.
- You understand what we are building and believe you can be an asset and not just someone looking for a paycheck.
- You have amazing time management skills, we are not a babysitting service.
- You value and respect others differences, we will dismiss you quickly if you do not.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO (guilt-free)
- Health Benefits (fully paid)
- Home Office Equipment
- Internal Promotions
- Cross Training
- Learning Opportunities
- Annual Work-cations
- Team Building
- And more…