The Shipping and Receiving Clerk, is responsible for maintaining inventory counts and quality control procedures for incoming and outgoing product shipments. Their duties include unloading delivery trucks and checking incoming shipments against product invoices, organizing and storing shipments until they receive outgoing order requests and notifying management personnel when they don’t have enough of a particular product to fulfill orders.
Responsibilities for Procurement Specialist
- Properly accounting for the location of incoming goods
- Assuring no damaged items are sent or received
- Comparing packing lists to company purchase orders and ensuring that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Updating the product inventory as products are received and added to the inventory
- Packaging products for return to vendors and filling out any paperwork necessary
Qualifications for Procurement Specialist
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Proven experience working in a warehouse environment
- Strong knowledge inventory and cycle counts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible to work long hours as demanded by projects
- Able to lift up 75 lbs.
- Able to be certified on forklift