The incumbent is responsible for managing security activities to ensure the safety and security of gaming and entertainment guests and team members, as well as the safeguarding of all property; ensures that all potential security violations are investigated, and corrective actions are taken while providing exceptional customer service.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Responsible for the overall security of the casino and the coordinating of security efforts to safeguard company assets, employees, and patrons of the Company in accordance to the Internal Control Submissions and the rules of the Virginia Lottery during assigned shift.
- Prepare work schedules.
- Monitor investigation process.
- Train, schedule, evaluate and investigate suspended Security staff.
- Responsible for the performance of the security department personnel.
- Responsible for addressing any individual not wearing a Commission Badge found in non-public areas or any person found in areas not authorized to be in.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and supervises staff to ensure proper staffing levels and that team members receive adequate guidance and resources to perform job responsibilities.
- Provides development opportunities to Supervisory staff to prepare them for career advancement; identifies and recognizes candidates with superior performance.
- Will assume overall responsibility of security operations during the absence of the Manager - Security.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring department standards, guidelines, and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of department.
- Perform other duties as assigned and adheres to all Virginia Lottery Regulations.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend seminars when needed.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required. Five (5) or more years of combined experience in law enforcement, security, and gaming. A minimum of 3 years gaming security experience preferred, of which 2 or more years are in supervision or management.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Virginia Lottery.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to obtain CPR/AED certificate and pass Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends, as well as flexible shifts.
- Knowledge of computer applications to compose clear, concise, and accurate reports.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Basic knowledge of county and state ordinances.
- Electronic, video, and alarm functions.
- CPR training.
- Investigative procedures.
- Extreme confidentiality.
- Available to work different types of events with varying time schedules, on varying days as needed.
- Read and comprehend all necessary documentation, training materials and policy information.
- Identify and quickly respond to potential problems, altercations and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations.
- Communicate courteously, effectively, and professionally with guests and all levels of team members.
- Use tools and equipment such as, radios, computers, and other tools specific to the position.
- Assist sick or injured guests and/or team members.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Communicate clearly, in English, with guests in a professional manner.
- Work within Hard Rock Casino Bristol established policies/guidelines.