Support Engineers are critical contributors to our customer’s success. Your technical, communication and problem-solving skills will maintain Bolt’s reputation across the industry for world-class customer service. You will also be a relentless advocate for our customers by providing insight and perspective to influence improvements within our product and across the organization.
This role presents opportunities for people looking to hone their technical skills for opportunities in engineering (core engineering, integration, quality) or wanting to build their communications skills for customer-facing roles (technical account manager, sales engineer, implementation manager, success manager or similar).
- Analyze and resolve challenging technical issues on the Bolt network, our partner eCommerce platforms and other integrations.
- Use your ability to read and write code to reproduce issues, identify issues in source code, develop tooling and provide meaningful feedback to our core engineering teams.
- Help developers understand how Bolt, its API, and the various technical use cases of the platform function.
- Creates and curates Knowledge Articles documenting steps that enable L1/L2 teams to perform job functions
- Partner cross-functionally with our various engineering teams while resolving our most complex technical issues.
- Independently thinks through execution from end-to-end, and uses judgment to understand how actions may impact other integrations.
- Consistently delivers constructive feedback to peers to strengthen relationships while motivating and uniting the team to achieve common goals.
- Engage TAM, Customer Success Manager (CSM) and/or Account Executive (AE) to escalate recurring customer challenges, product issues and to manage service expectations for both the client and internal personnel
- Be the relentless voice for the customer by communicating customer feedback and advocating for their interests within Bolt
- Technical experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud and/or other eCommerce platforms (Magento, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Shopify)
- You consider yourself a “technical” person
- Experience with shell commands
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in technical roles
- Experience using (or building) APIs and/or integrating software solutions
- Experience with customer facing, quality assurance, core engineering or devops type roles
- Technical experience with one or more eCommerce platform (Magento, BigCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, WooCommerce, Shopify)
- Experience with logging and debugging tools (e.g. Datadog, Bugsnag, ElasticSearch, etc.)