What’s in it for you?
Fictiv is re-inventing how manufacturing should be. As a core member and key player, you’ll be working with a team of talented engineers who are driven to make this a reality while focusing on supply chain automation.
Small team, big impact
We are a small team taking the next step in evolving our systems and infrastructure. You will play a key role in sharpening our technical execution as well as elevating our technical standards. With our team at a small size and growing, you will be well positioned to have a wide impact over a range of systems and decisions.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
What will you be doing?
Senior Engineers are the heart of our engineering teams. We’re looking for a talented engineer to join us in building a highly available, performant system that scales globally with our fast-growing business. As a Senior Engineer seasoned in backend development, you have an outsized impact on our team / system / product through shaping software development practices, contributing to architectural decisions, and mentoring other engineers. With your proven, hands-on abilities, you’ll serve as a technical role model and guiding teams in solving business problems using software as you dive in directly to solve complex challenges.
- Acute Business Understanding: Rather than pursuing technology for its own sake, you hold experience in figuring out how businesses work and can apply technology to meet business needs.
- Bring out the best in the team – You have the experience and knowledge to level up other engineers, not only in system design / code quality but also in collaboration and development practices.
- Collaborative: You understand that you are a leader and role model to other engineers in how you collaborate and create solutions for technical challenges. Your actions and behaviors, display your capabilities to work well with adjacent teams and stakeholders and proactively communicate the status of tasks and the impact on the project.
- Problem Solving: Hands-on digging deeply into the nuts and bolts of how systems work and can solve problems at their root. Showcasing your wealth of experience and perspectives as well as drawing from and sharing with the team.
- Excellence in Delivery: Proven ability to consistently deliver high quality, maintainable, and defect-free code. You have built highly available, business critical systems in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform. You believe testing is an important part of creating quality software.
- Technical expertise – Proficient with backend cloud services, particularly with event-based asynchronous programming frameworks like Node.js.
Additional skills include:
- Proficiency with building backend APIs and integrations
- Strong with Node.js
- Expertise developing/versioning/maintaining GraphQL or REST APIs
- Experience and willingness to write unit and integration tests
- Experience with SQL & No-SQL databases
- Bringing experience working deep in distributed systems is a plus.
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!