Senior Money Laundering Reporting Officer (🇩🇪)
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn | Glassdoor)
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, Barcelona and Belgrade
- Recently joining forces with Penta, a market leader, based in Berlin and Belgrade to strengthen our growth
- 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
At Qonto, our AML/CFT system (Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism) is divided into two levels:
• The Ops - AML/CFT team, referring to the Operations department, performs operational controls to ensure our client base is not exposed to Money-laundering or Terrorist Financing risks (level 1)
• The Financial Security team, referring to the Compliance department, is in charge of the definition and supervision of the AML/CFT system and performs enhanced investigations in case of suspicion (level 2)
As a Senior Money Laundering Reporting Officer, you will work closely with Marina (our Lead International Financial Security) in the Financial Security team. You are a key member of our AML/CFT system (level 2).
👩💻🧑💻 As a Senior MLRO 🇩🇪, you will
• Build new processes related to AML/CFT and improve the ones already existing for the German market.
• Develop scenarios for Transaction Monitoring system tailored to the German market
• Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing TM scenarios by participating in the different faces (Rebuilding of the model, testing, implementation, and delivery).
• Support other team members and deliver training on the specificities of the market.
🤔 What you can expect
• Work in a fast-paced and scaling environment
• Be the second-line protection expert on all AML-CFT-related topics for the German market
• Work closely with various teams in an international environment
🤝 Your future manager
Your manager will be Marina our Lead International Financial Security:
• Her background? Marina has more than 6 years of experience within the financial sector with a strong focus on AML/CFT and a multicultural mindset given by her international work experiences. She is now leading a growing multicultural and diversified talented team of 5 people.
• What does she bring to the team? Upon joining Qonto in 2020, Marina contributed to the improvement of the AML/CFT processes concerning the Spanish market and is in direct connection with Qonto’s supervisor in Spain. She has built the International Financial Security team from scratch as well as actively participate in the improvement of the PEP/SL screening function within the second line of defense.
🏅 About You
• Experience: You have 5+ years of experience in a financial institution with a focus on AML/CFT.
• Mastery: You have strong knowledge of the German AML/CFT regulation and you understand quickly the evolution of money-laundering and terrorist financing schemes to protect Qonto customers efficiently.
• Integrity & efficiency: You are rigorous and organized with an excellent time-management and analytical mindset.
• Team player: You are able to work in a multicultural team and collaborate with other departments.
• Language: You speak German and you are fluent in English, any other European language is a plus.
• Education: You have a Master's or equivalent degree in a relevant field.
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, don't let the imposter syndrome prevent you from applying and hit the button "Apply", we'd really love to hear from you!
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- A central fully-renovated building in Berlin with WeWork services
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- A competitive salary package
- Tailor-made Remote Policy
- 28 days of paid leave
- Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with Urban Sports Club
- Meal vouchers
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 44% of our teams are women
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us: Handelsblatt | Qonto's Blog | Startup Insider | Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 70 days ago
Similar Jobs from Partners
Tomball Bakery - Baker/Fryer - Part-Time
5 minutes ago
San Felipe CFT - Cross Functional Rep - Part-Time
5 minutes ago
New York, NY
70 days ago
New York, NY
70 days ago
70 days ago