CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Healthcare Interiors Planner based in our St. Louis office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems, bringing state of the art healthcare market intelligence to the client and project team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical processes across medical campuses, including major inpatient and outpatient departments.
- Work with clients and end users to outline optimized process flows and critical adjacencies of clinical spaces.
- Understand and guide discussions on medical equipment and technology needs.
- Lead the healthcare planning process with clients and the design team to create strategic campus master plans and departmental level master plans.
- Lead the healthcare planning and programming process within the design team to create functional and space programs, along with department floor plan concepts reflective of operations.
- Lead the development of furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FFE) throughout all phases of the interior design work.
- Responsible for translating and integrating planning efforts into the interior design approach.
- Participate in the conceptual and design development of interior spaces for the project.
- Manage the deliverables for the healthcare planning team within the greater project deliverable schedule.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the client on planning and interior design issues.
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
- Actively participates in industry associations to ensure visibility.
- Actively participate and promote design leadership.
- Mentor staff for depth and support of the specialized knowledge execution process.
- Implement, follow, maintain, and enforce interior design standards used throughout interior design team in all project aspects/ phases.
- Consult with product vendors.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture.
- A minimum of 9 years of related experience working on mid to large-scale projects required. Experience with healthcare projects required.
- NCIDQ certification and/or architectural registration strongly preferred.
- ACHA, LEED, WELL Building and/or EDAC certification preferred.
- Strong design and technical skills as well as the knowledge of building and life safety codes required.
- Exceptional presentation, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must.
- The ability to build and maintain client relationships is essential.
- Experience leading a high performing team is preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office is required.
- Demonstrates creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
- Strong presentation, communication, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.