PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter. For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
PagerDuty is looking for a Senior Growth Marketing Manager to deliver business results via conversion rate optimization, experimentation, and helping PagerDuty tell the Operations Cloud story. This role will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve our engagement and conversion rate on the web from visitor to trial or contact us submission. Additionally, you will strategize, plan, and coordinate across the organization to increase our top-of-funnel user acquisition supporting PagerDuty’s path to $1B in revenue.
This role is a critical part of the Digital & Growth Marketing team and will partner with a high-performing web development team responsible for bringing our digital web user journeys to life. This role is highly cross-functional, collaborating with other teams like Demand Gen, Marketing Analytics, Sales, Design, and SEO to successfully drive strategic growth marketing programs and initiatives.
Owned Outcomes: Trial signups, contact us submissions, and web engagement
What You’ll Do
- Develop strategies and tactics based on data insights to meet & exceed our web conversion and engagement metrics
- Own web performance metrics, including web sessions, conversions, and sourced pipeline
- Craft holistic strategies from building awareness to on-site engagement and conversion by working in close partnership with Marketing, Sales, and GTM
- Champion and scale A/B testing to continuously improve performance and identify new opportunities
- Deliver actionable leads and lead data by partnering with our Scaled Sales Team to understand their needs and which leads convert the best
- Know and understand the entire user journey from web visits to paying customers. Identify opportunities and lead efforts across the org to improve and optimize the entire funnel.
- Maximize acquisition and expansion of target personas by crafting personalized customer journeys
- Own and manage the web roadmap partnering with the development team to balance broader company support with tech debt and feature work
- Communicate effectively sharing the web conversion strategy, benefits to the org, and improvements to the overall lead pipeline
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Leadership and the company. Provide recommendations on user acquisition, user journeys, and conversion strategies
- Report out to the broader org on-site conversion performance and insights. Constantly assess metrics and KPIs to look for optimization and refinement.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar program, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Growth Marketing, Product Management, Demand Generation, Email Lifecycle Marketing, or a similar role
- Craft holistic strategies from building awareness to on-site engagement and conversion by working in close partnership with Marketing, Sales, and GTM teams.
- Experience driving performance on high traffic websites with a focus on experimentation to increase web conversion rates
- Deep understanding of key drivers of business and marketing strategy (pipeline and revenue analytics, funnel metrics, martech foundation, etc.)
- Proven experience in identifying growth opportunities, ideating, strategizing and executing on them
- Strong understanding of web UX design and conversion best practices, including usability, responsive design, testing, and technical SEO
- Experience with personalization tools or platforms (Split.io, Demandbase, Clearbit, etc.) and strong knowledge of A/B testing frameworks
- Expert knowledge of persona development, customer segmentation, journey building (experience with free-to-paid a plus)
- You’re an excellent storyteller. You understand the nuance between different audiences and how to craft compelling messaging that speaks to them, their needs, and where our brand fits in
- SQL, Sisense/Periscope, Google Analytics, or similar measurement experience.
- Skilled at influencing and collaborating cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Ops, Product, Design
- Previous experience in the B2B SaaS industry
- Experience leveraging chat/messaging tools (e.g. Drift)
- Tools: Working with WordPress, Jira, Segment, Fullstory, Crazyegg, Salesforce, Marketo