The WelbeHealth Senior Accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying all financial transactions. The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining general ledgers, preparing month-end close procedures, and supporting interim and year-end financial audits. The Senior Accountant collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage/support the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries in accordance with
- Perform month-end general ledger account reconciliations; investigate and resolve
- Prepare/review reconciliations for bank accounts, receivables, prepaid expenses, fixed
assets, right-of-use assets, and lease liabilities (under ASC842 lease accounting), medical
claims liabilities, IBNR, and other accrual accounts, debts, and equities.
- Draft quarterly financial reports and debt covenants to be submitted to regulators,
investors, and banks.
- Assist with interim and year-end financial audits.
- Assist with drafting/updating corporate Accounting Manual and desk procedures;
Research and implement technical accounting guidance and initiatives to improve
accounting and financial reporting controls and processes.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information
about team members, participants, and families.
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality
Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Supervisor and team regarding workload and priorities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or relevant field.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum of (3) years’ of general and/or public accounting experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Great work ethics and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors.