The Manufacturing Scientist II, works independently with minimal supervision to ensure that all biological products released are safe, stable and effective and that all tests are conducted according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). This position requires the ability to multitask and work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
Heska is dedicated to quality pet care. Through innovation, invention, and strategic partnerships with worldwide leaders in diagnostics and treatments, Heska provides the benefits of the latest generation technologies to veterinarians. Heska’s range of complete blood diagnostic solutions include biochemistry, hematology, coagulation, immunoassay, heartworm, as well as other assays. Heska is at the forefront of high definition digital radiology and ultrasound for small and large animals and is a leader in point of care telecytology with a team of experienced clinical pathology specialists. Heska offers complete allergy solutions from testing and interpretation to immunotherapeutic options.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Testing and Administration:
- Performs routine benchwork to support manufacturing objectives.
- Provides technical and hands-on support on immunoassays and biochemistry practices such as lateral flow production, ELISA production, antibody purifications, and conjugations to manufacturing personnel.
- Prepares the production schedule.
- Works with Purchasing department to order raw materials and supplies to support production.
- Facilitates equipment qualification, calibration and maintenance.
- Prepare, revise, and review/approve manufacturing work instructions and SOPs.
- Reviews completed manufacturing batch records per compliance standards.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective and/or preventative actions.
- Participate in multi-functional project teams, as necessary.
- May have direct supervision of manufacturing personnel.
- Involved with building maintenance.
- Follow all applicable quality systems and regulatory requirements.
- Investigate and resolve problems, including root cause, and proposing process improvements.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant science plus a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Experience with training and/or supervisory experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven expertise with immunodiagnostic assay systems including lateral flow and ELISA.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple priorities with attention to meeting deadlines while organizing team to work effectively and efficiently.
- A working understanding of GMP and ISO regulations.
- Highly organized with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong functional proficiency using Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with staff, supervisors, colleagues, vendors, and customers as needed.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, willingness to help when needed.
Heska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Heska has a generous benefits package available to employees!
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance with AD&D
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Insurance
- Employee Paid Voluntary Life Insurance options
- Retirement Plan 401(k) Traditional and/or Roth + Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, and Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training and Development