RN, Cardiac Rehab
Allen Hospital - Waterloo, iA
$5K Sign-on Bonus
Full-time, 0.8 9am-5:30pm Monday-Friday with weekend rotation. Also, may include covering 6am-2:30pm shift occassionally.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
- Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
- Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
- Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
- Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
- Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
- Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
- Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
- Associates Degree in Nursing. Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- One (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency preferred.
- Current license in the state of Iowa or meets criteria established by Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.