Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Research Nurse to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Laboratory of Clinical Immunology and Microbiology (LCIM) located in Bethesda, MD.
- Provide support for clinical research nursing including providing clinical research care to research participants, supporting protocol implementation, data collection, continuity of care, human subject's protection, and dissemination of clinical research findings.
- Serve as the primary nurse of care for patients. Care requirements are determined by the scope of study participation protocol, the clinical condition of the patient and the requirements and clinical effects of research procedures.
- Provide observation, measurement, and accurate data collection, documentation and communication related to pertinent assessment as defined by the protocol specifications and sound nurse’s clinical judgement.
- Collaborate with other staff members in the lab and the clinic.
- Receive patient care phone calls, furnish the requested information, or refer callers to the appropriate staff members. Answer incoming calls, e-mails, and otherwise remains responsive to queries and concerns related to core duties in a timely manner.
- Schedule and organize patient visits to NIH as needed. Communicate with patients, caregivers, family members and staff while coordinating and planning travel, lodging and transportation arrangements.
- Support the Principal Investigator in all aspects of clinical support for research participants, as appropriate for the scope of practice for the degree.
- Assist investigator and team members with the execution of clinical studies and assures that all aspects of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Federal regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
- Assist the Principal Investigator in developing clinical protocols and associated documents.
- Organize research information for clinical projects and develop advertising plan for studies.
- Develop and maintain study subject databases; supervise data collection and management including the collection of source documents, using, and developing CRFs, and ensuring that they are complete and accurate.
- Maintain compliance to protocol, develop and adhere to relevant SOPs, manage the quality control, completion, and submission of study related documentation.
- Monitor study enrollment goals and initiate strategies to promote enrollment and participant compliance.
- Interview, screen, and recruit participants for entry onto protocols.
- Coordinate and perform responsibilities related to research participants including determining subject population availability, developing screening materials; screening and recruiting subjects, scheduling visits, obtaining informed consent, and overseeing study visits.
- Coordinate and perform collection, processing, shipment, and storage of biospecimens in accordance with prescribed protocols.
- Extract and document required patient information from the medical and research databases as needed. Abstract medical information from medical history, medications, and preexisting conditions. Obtain medical records from primary care physicians and review medical records. Review and prepare participant charts and record lab results.
- Collect outside medical documentation, electronically scans and uploads records into the electronic medical record as appropriate. Must protect all PII information and follow all regulations.
- Minimum of an R.N. or N.P./P.A. degree.
- Licensed as a nurse or licensed independent provider in the State of Maryland.
- Must be able to be credentialed by the NIH Clinical Center.
- Knowledge of environmental safety, including infection control, isolation technique, aseptic technique, and general security.
- Knowledge pertaining to privacy of the patient, privileged information, and secure handling of the patient’s medical records.
- Knowledge of federal regulatory requirements pertaining to clinical research.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- NIH clinical trials experience preferred.
- Experience working in clinical research.
- Ability to facilitate group work and promote effective teamwork through meeting management, work coordination, and delegations.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and graphics programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working in a team atmosphere.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact: Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.