***This position is onsite in Melbourne, FL***
The Business Development Associate (BDA) is responsible for continuously developing new business (Leads, Suspects and Prospects) within their assigned Region and promoting the Brand and support Embraer Executive Jets. The BDA will act as a conduit between Marketing Lead generation and Sales Opportunity development, working alongside both the Marketing and Sales Teams. The BDA will work closely with the team of Regional Sales Directors (RSD’s), who are tasked with developing, growing and managing business (Leads, Opportunities and Accounts) within their assigned Regions. The BDA will implement and execute their annual Action Plan, as defined by the CCO. The BDA will be responsible for additional tactical day-to-day responsibilities and significant project assignments as assigned by the CCO.
- Assists with the development of, coordination, monitors and controls Contact and Lead generation activities related to specific Product and Prospective Customer campaigns.
- Provide sales support to their assigned region. This support includes but is not limited to the efforts throughout the entire sales cycle, including:
- Salesforce.com Contact, Account, Lead and Opportunity administration
- Sales engineering requests
- Deal price sheet assistance
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- B.A or B.S Degree required.
- MBA preferred.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Generally 1-2 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline in Sales and Marketing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehension, understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields. Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Role requires application of advanced skills attained via greater years of experience towards solving complex issues and problems.
- May act as Project Representative from immediate group they are assigned to in the resolution of problems/issues encountered across multiple functions which require a coordinated response.
- Professional business acumen.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Professional social skills.
- High degree of commercial awareness with the ability to grasp complex business issues.
- Well-developed knowledge of competition and transaction legal issues specific to business aircraft sales efforts.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Capable of building trust with people at a senior level and influencing across all functions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on key issues.
- Experience of managing cross-culturally, both internally and externally.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service behavior: trends, support, and practices.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Lotus Notes, Internet Explorer and SalesForce.com.
- Commitment to company values, policies and procedures.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Mobile and willing to travel.
- Adheres to Embraer Compliance policy, employment law, work security/safety rules, and company policy and procedures
- Communicates extensively with prospective customers to present Embraer, Embraer Executive Jets and Embraer Customer Support products.
- Identifies and contacts Sales Contacts and Leads to develop and increase Embraer business through market analysis and continuous dialogue with RSD’s, Marketing and customers.
- Represents Embraer regionally, as necessary, in support of RSD’s.
- Coordinates and hosts customer visits, tours, demonstration flights and represents Embraer at trade shows and events as assigned and in support of their region.
- Remains current with aviation industry and financial market news to recognize issues and trends and then take action to increase business through applicable Lead generation.
- Develops initial Contact relationship and, when appropriate, generates Lead, Suspect and Prospect communications and conducts a professional handoff to introduce RSD.
- Monitors competitive activity and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated.
- Executes annual Action Plan as assigned by CCO.