Who We Are
As a Best Managed Company, we are honoured to be named one of London’s Best Places to Work. Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated organization that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we grow through collaboration, innovation, and open communication. At Sifton, we build outstanding communities where people live, work and play, and we live our values to the fullest.
We would love for you to join our team!
This is a fulltime position which includes every other weekend rotation.
About the Role
- The Receptionist is responsible for receiving and directing visitors and inquiries, relaying and coordinating resident and staff messages by use of telephone and emergency response system. Actively involved in the customer experience and promotion of the Residence demonstrating a professional presentation as first point of contact within the Residence.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure continuity of care and maintains good working relationships with all team members. This position also assists with various administrative functions which contribute to the efficient operation of the Residence
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, practices and philosophies. Works in accordance with all industry and regulatory compliance agencies, the Ontario Retirement Communities Association, The Retirement Homes Act 2010 and O. Reg 166/1, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario Fire Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and other pertinent legislated regulations/ standards.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to resident and operational Residence matters, exercises courtesy, good judgment and concern for the safety and wellbeing of residents and visitors.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 or equivalent general education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs including Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of those sections of Employment Standards Act and other pertinent legislation which apply to the operation of the office.
- The ability to understand and perform duties effectively, communicate any pertinent issues regarding residents and their care and work accurately and quickly.
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with proficient organizational and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to multi-disciplinary team work and demonstrate an ability to work through collaboration, joint decision making and integrated strategies.
- Detail oriented, with accurate data entry skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in a busy environment. Previous experience in accounting/bookkeeping/payroll field would be an asset.
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written, and strong customer service skills, with proven ability to deal with the public in a similar setting.
- Must successfully complete a Police Records Check and disclose any convictions, charges, restraining orders, probation orders and/or warrants during the course of employment that affect in any way the clear Police Records Check.
- Must provide a Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) document or Medical Note from Physician stating free from infectious disease.
What We Can Offer You
- We’ll set you up for success by providing in-depth training with your team and mentors, working in partnership with our leadership team.
- You’ll enjoy special events, celebrations, and unique perks, specific to your role and work environment, that reinforce our commitment to creating a wonderful employee experience.
- Our unique rewards and recognition programs are designed to celebrate you, your contributions and promote your success.
- Our Employee Assistance Program is available for your everyday needs.
At Sifton Properties Limited, we are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Further, your well-being and safety are important to us. We prioritize work-life balance and offer strong health and safety programs, including required COVID vaccination for all roles, to support our employees, families, and the larger communities we serve.Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.