HMT Tank is looking for a Project Manager to join our Products team! The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, managing and implementing projects, ensuring that work is safely completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Project Manager will have field management and construction experience, a proven ability to manage multiple projects successfully, and thrives when planning projects and working with project teams. An ideal Project Manager will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client to facilitate construction activities including a detailed review of bid packages, proposal preparation, JHA's (Job Hazard Analysis), SWP's (Safe Work Plans), both contract and subcontract bid reviews, maintaining scope of work, project cost review(s), and job profit / loss analysis to successfully complete the project while learning from errors during its execution.
- Estimate work, prepare proposals and effectively plan and control assigned projects by monitoring progress, managing procurement and recording production and job costs.
- Develop and maintain project schedule, and budget to ensure project meets initial estimates.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Review all associated contracts, specifications, drawings, scope of work, estimates, subcontractor requirements and other pertinent project information and prepare a project plan for review.
- Duties may include attending pre-construction pre-bid meetings and site surveys.
- Manage change orders and scope of work changes, including communication with stakeholders, documentation and reporting, and negotiating costs as needed.
- Responsible for month-end financial reviews, including revenue recognition and job cost review, equipment cost review, project cost management, billing preparation, and operational expense review.
- Review and approve all customer contracts, purchase orders, and work authorizations regarding the Company's proposed scope of work, customer expectations, and project objectives.
- Oversee the assignment of projects to staff members to obtain most effective utilization of resources and meet the Company's commitments to customers.
Responsible and accountable for the project management system and tools for all assigned projects from the time a project is acquired through the final payment of closed projects
- Complete Project Close Out Report to identify final changes in work scope, additional revenue opportunities, punch list items and any hindrances that may delay close out and final payment.
- Manage the invoice submittal and collection of payments from the customer in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 5-10 years related construction experience.
- Field management and construction experience preferred.
Must have proven track record of managing multiple complex projects successfully.
- Project Cost Controls and Cost Accounting and WIP (Work in Progress) experience.
- Change Order and T&M contract management.
- Extensive knowledge of construction, design, finance and advanced project management techniques.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Solomon.
- Ability to travel