Privacy Program Manager
BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $60B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
Location: Austin, TX and remote in the United States.
As a part of the Risk team, you will be responsible for the development and execution of a risk-based privacy program to help ensure BitGo is in compliance with applicable privacy laws, regulations, policies and procedures. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with teams across the company, especially with legal, security, engineering, and business owners to help ensure that our policies and procedures comply with relevant privacy laws and regulations, as well as developing metrics to track, demonstrate, and expand compliant data use.
- Lead the design and implementation of a risk-based privacy program.
- Perform regular privacy risk assessments, identify key privacy risks, and develop related controls.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope, which includes defining the roadmap and long-term strategy for the program.
- Create mechanisms for identifying and monitoring updates, milestones and roadblocks on privacy work and ensuring leadership is aware of status and progress.
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders, including Board and other governance committee level reporting.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop a Privacy by Design methodology to support the development of new products and services and privacy initiatives.
- Development of a global privacy training program, including the design and delivery of content.
- Provide guidance to key business partners on privacy best practices and requirements.
- Develop, maintain and review policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal and regulatory standards.
- Identify regulatory challenges and changes relating to BitGo's products and services to ensure these are addressed/implemented in good time.
- Interface with relevant regulators and other external stakeholders in explaining our privacy program and ensure responsiveness to any regulatory engagements.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, and craftsmanship, and who feel passionate about our mission to deliver trust in digital assets.
- 7+ years relevant experience in privacy.
- Thoughtful problem solver that is comfortable working with the leading global regulations to find innovative solutions to complex privacy problems in the emerging digital currency space.
- Detailed knowledge of global data protection laws, especially GDPR, CCPA, GLBA. Industry specific certification such as from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is highly desired.
- Prior hands-on experience leading a large-scale privacy program.
- Compliance experience in financial services. Experience in cryptocurrency a plus.
- Strong communication, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to establish trust and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and team members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data and apply effective data management practices.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.