Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Engineer - Equipment Engineering (Rotating & Package Equipment) with adequate experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to be based at Kolkata, India office.
Shall be Responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Project experiences and responsibilities shall include detailed design and Engineering, Preparation of technical specification, Mechanical data sheet, Material requisition, Technical bid evaluation, technical clarifications, Preparation of Purchase requisition, Vendor drawing and document review, co-ordination with clients, Vendors and interface disciplines
- Experience with material handling and package equipment like Cooling Towers, Elevators, Hoists, Filters, Ejectors, Desuperheaters, Strainers, Dosing Packages, Flare Packages, Heater Packages, Vaporisers Packages, Silencers, Instrument Air Packages etc shall be considered as additional advantage
- Shall be conversant with drafting software like AutoCAD, Smart Sketch, Bluebeam application and 3D model review
Skills / Qualifications
- B.E. / B.Tech (Mechanical) from reputed institution
- Industry Type - Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Oil & Gas (preferred)
- 15+ years of experience working with engineering consultancies for design and engineering of various types of Centrifugal pumps viz. Overhung (OH2, OH3, OH6), Between Bearing Pumps (BB1, BB2, BB3, BB5), Vertically Suspended (VS1, VS4, VS5), Positive displacement pumps, Sundyne Pumps, Seal less pumps, Screw Pump, Centrifugal, Screw and Reciprocating compressor, Blower, Steam Turbine and Motor Drivers, Agitator, Material Handling items etc. per API 610, API 611, API 612, API 682, API 674, API 675, API 676, API 617, API 618, API 619, API 672, ASME B73.1, ISO 5199, NACE
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.