About UPL< b> < p>
UPL is a leader in global food systems and with the acquisition of Arysta LifeScience, is now one of the top 5 agricultural solutions companies worldwide. With revenue of US$5 billion, UPL has presence in 130 countries. With market access to 90 percent of world’s food basket and focused on high growth regions, UPL represents a compelling value proposition for growers, distributors, suppliers and innovation partners in a consolidating market. UPL offers an integrated portfolio of both patented and post patent agricultural solutions for various arable and specialty crops, ncluding biological, crop protection, seed treatment and post harvest solutions covering the entire crop value chain.< b> < p>
JOB SUMMARY:< b>
Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical systems throughout production, warehouse, and overall plant. Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, electrical mechanical machine repairs, inspections and testing of equipment and specific projects. Documents maintains all maintenance activities in the workorder system, diagnose issues and completes time critical repairs. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of safety, quality and reliability.< p>
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:< b>
• Installs, services and repairs fixtures, electrical panels, outlets and wiring.
• Operates power hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment.
• Installs, repairs, and services specialized electrical equipment and machinery.
• Understands and troubleshoots PLC related issues.
• Reads electrical circuit diagrams.
• Maintains a list of assigned and self generated tasks in the form of a written “work order” list.
• Properly stores uninstalled material, and work in progress materials from weather, vandals, pilferage, or other deleterious causes.
• Take necessary steps to keep all dust and dirt under control as much possible. Broom clean the job site and remove trash appropriately. Supervise contractor services when applicable. Protect the surrounding environment from runoff, fugitive dust, and other pollution from job site. Recycle where possible.
• Works in a safe manner and takes action to correct or report safety hazards.
• Ensures that while performing all job tasks they complete in a safe manner. Safety is the plants highest priority. Initiates and acts as facilitator on the floor to promote all safety initiatives.
• Reports any unsafe condition or acts immediately to stop unsafe act while ensuring to notification to supervisors or EHS team member.
• Attends regular safety meetings and conducts assigned safety inspections assigned by Plant Manager or Maintenance Manager.
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Including interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Abides by UPL NA Inc. company rules, policies and procedures.
• Wears all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hearing protection, protective eyewear, safety shoes, hard hats, etc.
• Complies with all company safety guidelines; and OSHA safety and health regulations to ensure a safe working environment always.
• Any other duties assigned by management.< p>
REQUIRED SKILLS EXPERIENCE:< b>
• Must have 2 5 years of related electrical experience required. Experience working in a manufacturing chemical plant preferred.
• High School or GED required, associate degree in electrical technology and or technical trade certificate preferred.
• A good working knowledge of the NEC (National Electric Code), NFPA 70E (Arc Flash) and OSHA CFR 1910.147 (lockout tag out) is required.
• Must have excellent communication stills both verbal & written in order to effectively communicate with managers, supervisors, and coworkers.
• Must have a basic knowledge hand and power tools.
• Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel Word Outlook)
• Must be able to work weekends or during shutdowns to complete required set up preventative maintenance needs on machinery.
• The appropriate candidate for this position is results oriented, team player, self starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
• Must possess an understanding of electronic and mechanical components to troubleshoot and repair.
• Follows all General Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).< p>
KEY COMPENTENCIES:< b>
• Flexibility Adaptability Responds to changing needs of the business; personally, identifies and champions new ideas for improvement and growth
• Technical Expertise Understand manufacturing practices and standards
• Business Acumen Degree to which an individual understands and applies business knowledge to maintain and advance organizational effectiveness
• Productivity Quality Ability to produce work product that is thorough and accurate. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Initiative: Recognizes what needs to be done and takes action and accomplishes results as the situation demands
• Results Orientation Holds self and others accountable for accomplishing work commitments
and deliverables. Understands the targeted results he she is accountable for and actively strives to achieve them. Sets high standards of performance for self and or others.
• Customer Orientation – Strives to understand and fulfill the needs and expectations of internal and or external customers
• Problem Solving Identifies root cause of a problem and works with others to permanently fix problems< p>
We are one team, for maximum impact. One team with shared goals. We all play for the team and no one plays against team. We have a laser like focus on what our customers need and want, on anticipating their future needs and how we can create innovative solutions and experiences for them.< b> < p>