Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are currently seeking an analytical and detail-oriented Payroll Analyst to build out process and implement a payroll system for our growing organization and join our Fly Finance team in Seattle!
The Payroll Analyst is an integral member of the finance team providing day to day payroll support focused on delivering operational excellence and accurate payroll results. This role will be involved in developing and documenting payroll processes and internal controls to ensure scalability and continuing effectiveness as the Company expands across new national markets. The Payroll Analyst will also provide support with system implementations, key compliance audits and equity transaction reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and process bi-weekly and semi-monthly, multi-state payrolls and special payments, to include delivering off-cycle/ad hoc payments as needed
- Implement and administer variable pay protocol and run monthly attainment reporting to process incentives, as well as other taxable benefits and reimbursements.
- Initiate payment of 401(k), garnishments and other withholdings to appropriate agencies
- Provide excellent payroll support with timely responses to payroll-related inquiries from employees, management and outside agencies, serving as a resource for payroll issues
- Assist with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits
- Provide standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments
- Create and maintain payroll documentation as it relates to processing, operational procedures, internal controls, compliance, and other payroll-related matters to include variable pay protocol
- Conduct regular audits and testing of payroll procedures, records and system. Lead system implementation, integration and upgrade projects
- Support payroll entries in the general ledger. Update and maintain all required internal reconciliations and schedules related to payroll.
- Handle special projects and provide backup support as needed
What You’ll Bring
- Five or more years’ experience in payroll administration supporting high growth organizations
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state payroll and tax regulations
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth start-up environment preferred
- Knowledge of payroll processing software’s and experience with implementation
- Highly proficient in utilizing various computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Google Suite apps (e.g. Google Sheets)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related field from accredited college preferred
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations. You are adept at relationship management
- Critical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!