PPSLRSWMO currently has an opening for a Patient and Research Navigator. This is a full-time, benefited position that may work remotely.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF THE ST. LOUIS REGION AND SOUTHWEST MISSOURI
POSITION TITLE: Patient and Research Navigator
DEPARTMENT Centralized Follow Up
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Transgender Health Program & Case Manager and Community Research Specialist
COMPENSATION: Starts at $15/hour
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability insurance, paid parental leave, and retirement contribution and match opportunity
The Patient and Research Navigator provides field-based case management services to clients enrolled in gender affirming health care (GAHC) program as part of the TRANSforming Community, TRANSforming Care (TC2) initiative. The Patient and Research Navigator builds strong relationships with clients in order to help clients stay engaged in medical care and adhere to their medications. Patient and Research Navigators are committed to identifying barriers to health including social determinants of health for the gender expansive population assisting patients navigate through health systems with an informed consent perspective and promoting client health. As part of this work, they will also assist the TC2 research team in compiling and analyzing needs-based data. They work closely with the Program and Lead Case Manager, Community Research Specialist, and other clinical staff to support affirming health outcomes.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED
· Advocacy for patients and affirming care in and outside of the planned parenthood health system
· Assist in the development and implementation of resources and referrals for patients as they navigate the healthcare system
· Educate patients regarding options of care including barriers and other social determinants of health
· Field-based direct care to clients
· Communicate with the Program & Lead Case Manager to facilitate outcomes
· Assist with follow up assessments for established patients
· Identify resources for clients to overcome barriers to care, such as transportation, housing, and childcare arrangements
· Remain aware of current services offered by service providers, such as mental health, housing, and employment assistance
· Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with agency policies
· Meet with Transgender Health Program & Case Manager to discuss client care issues and needs and facilitate client health care
· Maintain documentation of all client encounters and complete reporting requirements according to organization standards
· Track client attendance at medical appointments and patient navigation sessions and initiate outreach and missed appointment procedures, as necessary
· Attend and represent the organization at professional conferences, in-service trainings, and meetings at the request of or with the approval of supervisor
· Assist with compiling data from existing sources (ex. social media platforms, academic journals, etc.)
· Help clean qualitative data and compile it into a resource list
· Help with basic data analysis (e.g. creating charts, graphs, tables, etc.)
· Provide other project support as needed/assigned
· Understanding of the history and challenges of working with marginalized communities, particularly those who are gender expansive
· Commitment to the mission of inclusive care coordination
· Ability to build relationships with individuals, including clients, organization members, and health care providers
· Values teamwork, flexibility, and adaptability; embraces change
· Organized with confidential client material and appointment tracking
· Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client and patient confidentiality
· Member of the LGBTQIA+ community preferred but not required
· Willingness and ability to travel throughout Missouri
· Minimum high school degree or some college education
RISK MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
Adheres to PPSLRSWMO and department policies and medical standards and guidelines that ensure the provision of the highest quality and most professional services to all PPSLRSWMO clients
Protects PPSLRSWMO's assets from liability including but not limited to assuring proper informed consent has been obtained for any and all medical interventions requiring patient’s consent.
Assures for the physical safety of PPSLRSWMO clients, staff, and volunteers
Protects confidentiality of all PPSLRSWMO clients, donors, Board and all areas of operations
Follows HIPAA privacy and security guidelines
Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri does not discriminate on any basis such as culture, age, race, color, sex, marital status, gender identity, ethnic heritage, language, national origin, spiritual belief or tradition, sexual orientation, physical ability/characteristics, genetic information, number of pregnancies, socio-economic circumstances or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri acknowledges and owns our past and present, therefore we seek to look inward into how white supremacy continues to show up in our organization. We have a responsibility to create a place of equity and of inclusion and we commit to dismantling racism and moving the needle to a more equitable workplace at Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri.
PPSLRSWMO is a tobacco-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.