Family Allergy & Asthma is looking for a friendly and service-driven Patient Access Coordinator to work in our Allergy & Asthma Clinic!
This position is based out of our Huber Heights location and will require travel to Beavercreek, Kettering and other Dayton Clinics, as needed.
This is a Full-time position with a standard work schedule of Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Some occasional late nights may be required.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check patients in and out
- Collect co-pays and deductibles
- Post payments to patient account
- Ensure that all required consent forms are signed
- Balance all money collected at the end of day and prepare deposit
- Answer telephone, handle all calls appropriately, and schedule appointments for new and existing patients
- Prepare front desk prior to the start of clinic: confirm benefits on all testing patients, print schedules, unroll phones (if applicable), prepare all paperwork, and check messages
- Cancel and reschedule appointments as needed
- Maintain and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
- Strong computer skills
- Must be a quick learner, organized and team oriented
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work with patients directly and pleasantly
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to listen to and empathize with patients
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prior medical office experience, preferred
- Ability to travel to satellite offices, as needed
- Paid Holidays and Extra PTO Hours
- Travel & Mileage Reimbursement
- Recognition & Rewards Program
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employer-Provided Scrubs
- 401K, (Match), Tuition Reimbursement, and More!
Family Allergy & Asthma provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.