Our client manages a strong portfolio of farming, trading and food processing activities and is looking for an Outgrower Manager assistant. The Outgrower Manager is responsible for the overall management of Outgrower business as an independent business unit with support from the Operations Manager t< p>
1. Plan, implement, Monitor and Control all activities from planting through harvesting of various crops in the Outgrower business – Quinoa, Chillies, Chia Sesame etc.
2. Selection and implementation of a credible and accountable Outgrower team.
3. Planning an integrated Outgrower model and implementation within certain guidelines.
4. Proved daily, weekly, monthly reports on the performance of the business against given targets and expectations.
5. Assist in the preparation of the Outgrower budget and providing detailed reports in line with budget adhesion or diversion.
6. Providing support to Outgrower farmers through a team of selected field extension officers to maximise the productivity and ensuring maximum returns for the Outgrower business and the small scale farmers.
7. Designing and implementing controls and systems that can monitor and evaluate the performance of the Outgrower team members.
8. Implementation of software and technology that provide sufficient data for the monitoring, evaluation and control of the business, its farmers, and employees.
9. Implement a procurement system for all products produced by the Outgrower business and be accountable for the performance of the business. Ensure the procurement and payment of all farmers are in line and all stock balances are maintained and reported on.
10. Communicate regularly, clearly, and consistently with written reports on the performance of the business and ensure comprehensive reporting from each of the employees within your department.
11. Maintain a good relationship between employer and employees in the department and give concise direction to the field officers daily.
12. Maintain a close relationship with the farmers with a view to grow the business organically year on year.
13. Maintain strict adherence to the Outgrower Policy of the company and maintain the “face” of the department perpetually.
14. Maintain the issuing of the relevant inputs to responsible farmers and be accountable for any stock deviation relating to inputs and procured grain.
15. Conduct monthly appraisals for employees monthly with a clear reference to pre agreed KPI’s and deliverables
Key Skills< b>
Strong Administrative capacity with very strong proficiency in Microsoft office. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Ability to set targets and achieve prescribed objectives through team motivation.
Ability to establish good rapport with rural farmers.
Ability to communicate in Chinyanja, Tonga, or a Zambian vernacular is advantageous.
Suitable Extension & Business management experience.
Strong Working Ethic.
Good Labour Management skills.
Good Time Management Skill.
Can do Will do attitude.