TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking to hire a Program Manager to work remotely. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Program Manager shall oversee and be responsible for all aspects of a fast-pacing project serving as direct interface with the client, managing project schedules, milestones, deliverables and budget in accordance with Federal, agency standards and guidelines.
The Program Manager will be responsible of ensuring quality customer service, provide guidance on technical solutions and manage the modernization efforts for applications, and maintain a good working relationship with all customer staff and team members, in support of the program.
- Conduct meetings, presentations and briefings related to all phases of the project, while ensuring program goals of the agency and TISTA are met.
- Manage complex project-related issues and the implementation of solutions that involve the architecture and design, schedule, technology, methodology, tools, human centered design, components and financial management.
- Manage all aspects of the transition of legacy systems, interfaces, database solutions including data migration (ETL, data quality, etc.), including all required documentation and required security controls.
- Provide applications business and systems analysis, support long and short-range plans for product selection, Agile requirements analysis, DevSecOps, systems development, maintenance and operations following the systems lifecycle including production releases.
- Support the transition to product management and applies lean agile, DevSecOps and SAFe techniques to manage the project in alignment with product roadmap and identified value streams.
- Develop new and review existing process and procedures to meet agency (and/or TISTA corporate) standards following ITIL/ITSM principles; identify and implement process optimizations
- Assist with annual budget planning and ensure application monitoring is implemented.
- Ensure cybersecurity requirements to obtain/maintain the Authority to Operate (ATO) are planned for and met by the security analysts, as applicable.
- Serve as liaison to business and technical stakeholders to ensure success of the program.
- Additionally, support proposal development and operational initiatives such as process development/review applying ITL/ITSM
- 10 Years of experience in the management of IT projects
- 5 Years of experience managing federal contracts, similar in size, scope, and complexity including system modernization
- Strong business understanding of agile development
- Good understanding of security related policies, procedures, regulations.
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with people of varied technical backgrounds and management levels
- Proven integration skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work independently (self-starter) in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business requirements, system documentation, and technical procedures
- Ability to outline, plan and manage system modernization efforts
- Understanding of cloud environments (MS Azure, AWS) and experience with migration of systems to the cloud
- Ability to quickly learn new tools supporting project management applying lean agile and SAFe methodologies and obtain related certifications, including DevSecOps
- Awareness of VA approved governance model, IT Infrastructure frameworks, Technical Reference Model, operating environments, infrastructure and application performance monitoring toolsets, and Government compliance regulations (NIST, FISMA, 508, and similar IT, OMB and congressional mandates)
- Ability to pass a Tier2/moderate background investigation
Required Education/ Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in an IT and/or management related field
PMP Certification is preferred
Agile/SAFe Certification is preferred
Scrum Master Certification preferred
DevSecOps Certification preferred
ITIL certification required with minimum of 5 years operational applicationn
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.