UnityPoint - Allen Hospital
Full-time Benefit: 0445-1315/1st shift; holiday/weekend rotation
Sign-on Bonus: $1,500 paid over 6 mos
The Medical Assistant II Phlebotomist, under the direction of the Manager-Compliance/ED Lab/Phlebotomy, is responsible for collection of blood samples through phlebotomy (blood collection) techniques, including vacutainer, syringe, winged infusion set and capillary collections. All phlebotomists are expected to assist with collections from outpatients, inpatients as well as stat nursing home patients and any other patient types supported by UnityPoint Health.
The Medical Assistant II Phlebotomist is also trained into the Laboratory Office to register, receive in specimens from reference clients and other general office duties. They also perform routine nursing home collection routes when working during the early morning hours.
Phlebotomists also assist in the collection of other specimens such as urines for analysis and urines for drug screens.
Phlebotomists should possess good clerical and computer skills to support the Laboratory department.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
- Learn and understand basic techniques of phlebotomy and specimen collection.
- Perform phlebotomy and specimen collection for inpatients, outpatients and nursing home patients
- Learn and understand collection of urine drug screens for occupational and medical collections
- Performs routine nursing home draw routes if scheduled in early AM hours
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must possess basic computer skills and knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email and web browser
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Requires frequent travel to area nursing home facilities