PPSLRSWMO currently has an opening for a Medical Appointment Scheduler. This is a full-time, benefited position at the Fairview Heights, Illinois location. Benefits include, health, dental and vision insurance, employer contribution and match on 403B contributions, 8 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Starting pay is $15.00 an hour.
COVID-19 Vaccination Required
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF THE ST LOUIS REGION AND SOUTHWEST MISSOURI
POSITION: Medical Appointment Scheduler
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTST O: Call Center Manager
Schedules appointments according to the needs of each client. Exceed the patients and potential patient’s expectations by providing them with accurate information efficiently and by having a positive upbeat attitude throughout all interactions. Contributes to the attainment of patient service department goals. Cognizant of and compliant with risk management, HIPAA guidelines, and quality assurance standards. May include minimum travel to other PPSLRSWMO sites. Scheduling requirements may include evenings and Saturdays.
SPECIFIC AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Customer Service, Fiscal Systems and Accountability
Attempts to answer phone within three rings, identifying health center site and name.
Triages phone calls, ensuring the calls are directed to the correct staff member/members.
Schedules client appointments at any of our eight PPSLRSWMO locations.
Answers phone calls, assesses client’s needs; addresses concerns; documents pertinent information in clients chart.
Knowledgeable about PPSLRSWMO goods and services in order to assist PPSLRSWMO clients
Provides when able calls to verify appointments or reschedule no shows.
Willing to be cross-trained to perform other patient services department related duties as delegated.
Develop resolutions for client concerns; ask for help if needed.
Adhere to affiliate policies on professionalism, wait time, and the system for addressing client complaints.
Participate in patient services department/affiliate efforts to achieve established productivity and revenue cycle goals.
Other Duties as Delegated (Applicable to FT/PT benefited employees)
· Attends and serves on patient services department/affiliate committees if directed; communicates discussion and recommendations to health center site staff.
· Contributes to the growth of the organization by working with the team on developing marketing and budgeting ideas.
· During community outreach activities represents PPSLRSWMO mission and goals to the public.
· Assists with training of new staff, volunteers, and/or interns.
· Cooperates with representatives of other departments to achieve agency goals.
· Attends all mandatory training sessions and meetings.
· High school diploma or GED certificate required.
· Customer service experience, preferably in a medical setting.
· Knowledge of medical terminology a plus, but not required.
· Effective and efficient verbal and English writing skills.
· Able to function in a fast-pace environment, performing multiple functions.
· Computer literate with e-mail, and Microsoft programs.
· Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy and organization.
· Accepts constructive criticism and uses it towards self-improvement.
· Fiscal Accountability proven.
· Flexible, non-judgmental attitude towards individuals from diverse backgrounds.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
· Documents correctly according to training in electronic medical records.
· Reports any unusual circumstances to Data Analytics and Special Projects Coordinator or other appropriate manager and follows procedures as outlined in manuals, memos, and other PP documents.
· Follows the most recent PPFA/PPSLRSWMO medical standards and guidelines and ensures the client is aware of individual follow up plans for medical service.
· Cognizant and compliant with policies and procedures as outlined in affiliate procedure manuals and in the PPSLRSWMO Manual of Medical Standards and Guidelines.
· Protects PPSLRSWMO and its assets from liability.
· Protects confidentiality of PPSLRSWMO clients, staff, volunteers, donors, Board, and all other areas of operation.
· Follows HIPAA privacy and security guidelines.
Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri does not discriminate on any basis such as culture, age, race, color, sex, marital status, gender identity, ethnic heritage, language, national origin, spiritual belief or tradition, sexual orientation, physical ability/characteristics, genetic information, number of pregnancies, socio-economic circumstances or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PPSLRSWMO acknowledges and owns our past and present, therefore we seek to look inward into how white supremacy continues to show up in our organization. We have a responsibility to create a place of equity and of inclusion and we commit to dismantling racism and moving the needle to a more equitable workplace at Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri.
PPSLRSWMO is a tobacco-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.