Velo3D is a metal 3D printing technology company. 3D printing—also known as additive manufacturing (AM)—has a unique ability to improve the way high-value metal parts are built. However, legacy metal AM has been greatly limited in its capabilities since its invention almost 30 years ago. This has prevented the technology from being used to create the most valuable and impactful parts, restricting its use to specific niches where the limitations were acceptable.
Velo3D has overcome these limitations so engineers can design and print the parts they want. The company’s solution unlocks a wide breadth of design freedom and enables customers in space exploration, aviation, power generation, energy, and semiconductor to innovate the future in their respective industries. Using Velo3D, these customers can now build mission-critical metal parts that were previously impossible to manufacture. The end-to-end solution includes the Flow™ print preparation software, the Sapphire® family of printers, and the Assure™ quality control system—all of which are powered by Velo3D’s Intelligent Fusion® manufacturing process. The company delivered its first Sapphire® system in 2018 and has been a strategic partner to innovators such as SpaceX, Honeywell, Honda, Chromalloy, and Lam Research. Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2021. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Manufacturing Technician Lead to help supervise a team of production technicians in Fremont, CA. In this role you will help the supervisor as well as build, test, and qualify the Sappire 3D laser powderbed fusion printer and participate in prototype and pilot build and qualification of new products Our team is looking for a self-starter that enjoys working in a highly dynamic startup environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Motivating, supporting, and providing guidance to production staff
· Ensuring all safety and health standards are met to keep an organization accident-free
· Communicating regularly with upper management regarding problems or issues impacting production
· Evaluating machine resources to ensure continued production and minimal downtime
· Help supervise productivity goals for each manufacturing team
· Ensuring adequate scheduling of staff
· Assembly of mechanical, pneumatic, fluid, and linear motion systems. Some assembly requires lifting loads of up to 50 pounds. Additionally, you may need to climb ladders or scaffolding.
· Test, troubleshooting, and repair of related mechanical subsystems.
· System integration assembly, testing, troubleshooting, and repair.
· Tool operation. We will train you how to operate Velo3D Sapphire printers.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· 6+ years of technician experience in a manufacturing assembly, engineering development, or capital equipment maintenance environment.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings and plumbing and instrumentation drawings.
· Understanding and demonstration of professional assembly techniques and use of related tools. Mechanical assemblers should demonstrate knowledge proficiency in clean assembly technique, torque application, and precision measurement using calipers and gauges.
· Demonstration of mechanical, troubleshooting and repair techniques with an understanding of various related sensors operating in flow, pressure, presence, or concentration measurement applications.
· Ability to supervise, mentor, train, and lead production technicians to develop these skills. You will gain proficiency and will cross-train in all technical disciplines at Velo3D.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
· Must wear steel-toed boots
· Must wear protective eye-wear
· May require hearing protection
· High frequency of computer keyboarding
· High frequency of viewing a computer monitor
· Other personal protective equipment as applicable
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.