Velo3D is a metal 3D printing technology company. 3D printing—also known as additive manufacturing (AM)—has a unique ability to improve the way high-value metal parts are built. However, legacy metal AM has been greatly limited in its capabilities since its invention almost 30 years ago. This has prevented the technology from being used to create the most valuable and impactful parts, restricting its use to specific niches where the limitations were acceptable.
Velo3D has overcome these limitations so engineers can design and print the parts they want. The company’s solution unlocks a wide breadth of design freedom and enables customers in space exploration, aviation, power generation, energy, and semiconductor to innovate the future in their respective industries. Using Velo3D, these customers can now build mission-critical metal parts that were previously impossible to manufacture. The end-to-end solution includes the Flow™ print preparation software, the Sapphire® family of printers, and the Assure™ quality control system—all of which are powered by Velo3D’s Intelligent Fusion® manufacturing process. The company delivered its first Sapphire® system in 2018 and has been a strategic partner to innovators such as SpaceX, Honeywell, Honda, Chromalloy, and Lam Research. Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2021. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
- Assemble critical system components, maintaining precision and high standards every time.
- Test system components for performance using advanced metrology equipment
- Monitor material and parts with a keen eye for defects and non-conformance
- Maintain organized and detailed testing records
- Ensure adequate quantities of all necessary subcomponents and materials are available in inventory
- Reliably escalate problems and communicate suggestions for improvement
- Work with manufacturing and shipping departments to send system components where they are needed
The ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
- Excellent work ethic
- Uncompromising drive for excellence
- Good organizational skills and ability to keep detailed records
- Motivation to identify problem areas and implement new techniques for quality improvement
- Honesty and character to admit responsibility for mistakes so that they can be quickly remediated.
Necessary skills / training:
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Mechanical aptitude and at least three years of formal or informal hands-on experience with mechanical systems and components.
- Preference will be given to those possessing experience with metrology equipment or specialized machinery
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Must wear steel-toed boots
- Must wear protective eye-wear
- May require hearing protection
- High frequency of computer keyboarding
- High frequency of viewing a computer monitor
- Other personal protective equipment as applicable
- Three days/wk: Friday-Sunday 8:00am-8:00pm; work 36 hours & get paid for 40 hours
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.