Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations nationally and abroad. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Management Analyst to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) supporting the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) located in Rockville, MD.
Overall Position Summary and Objectives Under this task order, the contractor will independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Mental Health. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services.
- Work products and documents related to preparing briefing documents, PowerPoint presentations, creating and formulating spreadsheets and executive correspondence - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents related to compiling, reviewing and tracking documents; prepare daily executive briefing documents; order supplies; maintain procurement records; ensure compliance of administrative operations - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents related to conducting management and administrative evaluation of procedures, policies, processes and systems to improve efficiency as guided by existing policies, procedures, directions, orders, and other guidance - Ad-Hoc
- Work products and documents related to ensuring that requests for action or information are related to appropriate staff - Ad-Hoc
- Provides analysis and advisory services regarding management functions.
- Analyze information requirements to develop reporting systems including the systems specifications, data gathering and analytical techniques, and systems evaluation methodology. 1
- Prepare business process reviews, studies and reports on efficiency. 2
- Facilitate business process improvement activities, to include documenting as-is processes, gathering to-be requirements and validating capture with staff. 3
- Assist researching and preparing program and operational strategies and implementation plans. 4
- Conduct in-depth analysis of all facets of operations, document areas for improvement, research improvement methodologies and recommend course of action. 5
- Prepares a variety of management and administrative studies to analyze and evaluate internal procedures, policies, processes and systems for the purpose of improving efficiency.
- Analyze and evaluate proposed changes in operating procedures and draft standard operating procedure and
- Reviews and comments on new or proposed changes to existing policies, procedures or systems.
- Conduct assessments of standard operating procedures (SOP) and prepares recommendations for improvement.
- Prepares reports in the areas of budget, procurement, HR, travel, etc.
- Reviews policy and regulation that governs the activities performed in the program.
- Conduct policy analysis of legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares reports and presentations for meetings.
- Attend routine staff and business meetings for awareness and to take notes for distribution.
- Researches and suggests developing areas of management policy.
- Conduct formal evaluations for operations and performance and prepares reports and dashboards.
- Performs in-depth analysis and statistical comparison of organizational data and information.
- Using available software and applications, such as SPSS, R, etc. conduct statistical analysis of financial, performance and workforce data.
- Assist financial managers prepare annual appropriated budget requests.
- Conduct workforce studies and provide in-depth analysis and reporting.
- Mentor and train junior management analysts.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 represents priority rankings, where 1 is highest priority and 5 is lowest priority of those ranked
Certifications & Licenses
Field of Study
- Human Resources and Personnel Management
- Business Management and Administration
- Meeting minutes/summary reports
- 100% Medical Dental & Vision Coverage for Employees
- Educational Benefits for Career Growth
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401K Matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based on age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.