Litigation - Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) - Manager
About Us: Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team: Litigation team manages Pan India Litigation (i.e civil, consumer, labor, arbitration etc. Day to day Advisory to business, C0-ordination with Law Enforcement Agency.
About the role: We are seeking the candidature of an effective & efficient individual in a managerial position, who would be aligned with the Litigation team and will be dealing with LEAs on a Pan India basis, for the entire OCL group. He/ She will also facilitate, expedite and ensure on-time responses and support the zonal/national leads for timely submission of data/documents, etc with the LEAs.
Expectations/ Requirements :
1. Coordinate with Police units across the country, draft/ furnish replies to notices received u/s 91 & 102 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973, and ensure co-operation with respect to the investigations being carried on by LEAs/ Police authorities.
2. Coordination with LEAs/ Police authorities across the country.
3. Should work closely with business teams and provide the necessary support for dealing with requests/notices from LEAs.
4. Should work closely with business/functional teams to file criminal complaints and ensure progression of cases at the Police Stations and/or Magisterial/Sessions courts.
5. Offer advice on day-to-day matters impacting businesses.
6. Strong assertive personality, unquestioned integrity, and ethics in business and personal conduct, including scrupulous respect for confidentiality in dealing with non-public, sensitive information.
7. Ability to coordinate with Managers sitting in different geographical locations.
8. Proven ability to resolve sensitive matters within the prescribed TAT, both as a strategic contributor and as a “hands-on” lawyer, while providing objective, independent legal risk assessments and advice, consistent with Litigation Team’s standards, and identifying alternative solutions where appropriate.
9. Ability to grasp and facilitate business and financial objectives. The experience and confidence to push for change and, when appropriate, to challenge the status quo, in a way that will be heard and respected.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
1. The candidate must be a law graduate with 6-10 years of practical experience in a similar role.
2. Sound knowledge of criminal and civil procedural laws, command over IPC, PMLA, and other statutory/regulatory laws and regulations governing the Fin-tech space.
3. Strong, proactive communication skills, and verbal and written proficiency in English and Hindi languages.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with multiple teams, including the ability to translate into clear business terms and otherwise “demystify” complex legal concepts for less legally sophisticated internal client groups.
5. The candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic, diligent/hard-working, and receptive to being challenged.
6. Should demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
7. Should be open to working long/ odd hours (as the role requires swift and prompt responses to unforeseen and abrupt developments which can be detrimental to businesses).
Education: Must be an LLB/LLM
Why join us: Merit based culture that thrives on self-motivated & driven individuals who are set out to make a successful career in India’s fastest growing Fintech Organization. Agile & democratic setup that gives space to your creativity, offers opportunity to work at scale coupled with an environment that encourages diverse perspective at all times.
Compensation: If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 70 days ago
Similar Jobs from Partners
Tax Director- New York
Marcum Search LLC
22 hours ago
Managed IT Lead
22 hours ago
Internal Audit - Assistant Manager
Noida, Uttar Pradesh
70 days ago
70 days ago
Corporate Events Manager - Korea
Seoul, South Korea
70 days ago