Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple agencies at the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Laboratory Automation Intern to join our vibrant team at Rockville, MD.
- Operate, maintain, trouble shoot multiple automated platforms to perform high through-put chemical compound screening and functional genomics efforts for a wide array of projects as well as additional support processes.
- Maintain, repair, troubleshoot and calibrate laboratory equipment including liquid handlers and microplate readers in use for high through-put screening in support of experimentation being performed by biologists.
- Improve processes and protocols with new technologies while maintaining data quality.
- On occasion be on call off work hours in order to respond on site and resolve robotic errors.
- Comprehend and follow written and oral guidance working independently and in a team-oriented environment. Work on diverse projects and is willing to reprioritize them as needed. Present information to laboratory personnel in formal lectures and informal bench training.
- Independently and collaboratively plan, develop, and implement experiments and protocols.
- Train team members and end users on the proper usage of laboratory equipment and processes as required.
- Follow laboratory safety rules at all times.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and lectures on subjects of relevance to the evolving field of automation.
- Organize and maintain sample inventories.
- Minimum qualification- Undergraduate or graduate degree in related field
- 0-1 year of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of robotic automation, mechanical or electrical engineering
- Understanding of automating high-throughput, traditional bench-scale or manufacturing systems
- Experience contributing to a science driven team setting
- Familiarity with bioprocess development and experience working as a bench scientist
- Compensation is based on education, skills, and relevant years of specific experience
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact: Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.