REINSURANCE ACCOUNTANT – NON-LIFE – FINANCE – BERMUDA – 6% TAX
About this opportunity
Our client is a global legacy solution reinsurer through the successful consolidation of businesses and portfolios in run-off within the Non-Life insurance and reinsurance sector. Our client acquires companies, portfolios, and provides owners of legacy liabilities finality through outright acquisition, co-venturing, profit sharing, or partnership structures and since formation, has completed over 30 transactions. The company has worldwide operations, including offices in Bermuda, New York, London, Dublin, Switzerland, and Singapore.
We are seeking a motivated, enthused, and ambitious individual to join their Finance team as Senior Reinsurance Portfolio Manager and take primary responsibility for the reinsurance accounting.
- Performing reinsurance accounting activities including preparing, recording, maintaining and reconciling to the general ledger and subsystems in accordance with company accounting policies
- Supporting the onboarding of new reinsurance transactions and acquisitions by establishing procedures to set up and maintain adequate reporting between both parties
- Responsible for accurate and timely portfolio performance management and oversight, liaising with subsidiary finance teams as appropriate
- Assisting with the preparation of US GAAP financial statements footnote disclosures and BSCR reporting
- Coordinating the quarterly loss reporting process with claims managers, actuaries, brokers and claims handlers
- Technical research and the preparation of accounting memos to support accounting for (new) reinsurance transactions
- Maintaining and ensures the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and adherence to the internal control environment
- Support the annual external audit of the company
- Leading or assist with special projects, system enhancements and ad hoc reporting requests
- Pursuing continued process improvement, efficiencies and leveraging technology
What you’ll need
- CA, CPA, ACA or equivalent internationally recognized accounting qualification
- 4+ years’ post-qualification work experience, which should be in the (re) insurance (Non-Life) industry or with an accounting firm with significant reinsurance experience
- Has a progression of continued professional education in the insurance sector and experience with performing the required skillsets for a reinsurer licensed by the BMA
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of US GAAP and reinsurance accounting
- Proven track record and in-depth understanding of accounting for reinsurance transactions including loss portfolio transfers, adverse development covers, quota share and excess of loss
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a wide range of tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
How to apply
- To apply, attach your résumé or include a link to your LinkedIn profile
- If you don't provide one of the above, we can't progress your application
In the event that you are not shortlisted for this particular vacancy, your details will be held on file and considered for other relevant opportunities.
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you believe you deserve an exceptional career, together we’ll help make it happen.