About the Company
Wallaroo enables data scientists and ML engineers to deploy enterprise-level AI into production simpler, faster, and with incredible efficiency. This is a $100B market opportunity that’s growing rapidly - and we’re right at the forefront of it.
Our enterprise platform provides powerful self-service tools, a purpose-built engine for ML workflows, observability, and experimentation framework. Our platform runs in cloud, on-prem, and edge environments, while reducing infrastructure costs by 80 percent.
We’re already working with some of the world’s leading brands. Backed by stellar enterprise VC’s, we’re a dynamic seed-stage company heading into our Series A fundraising.
About the Role
You will be the first Product Marketing role hired by the company. You will be responsible for creating clear and compelling messaging to educate customers, sales teams, and partners on the value of Wallaoo’s product. You will equip Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Business Development teams with tools and marketing materials to position the product, business outcomes, and competitive differentiators so they can work efficiently to generate/close opportunities.
These efforts will also enable the sales, product, engineering, and delivery teams to stay aligned. The Product Marketer’s job also includes ensuring that the messaging aligns with the company’s overall strategy and goals.
What you'll do?
- Work with the engineering, design, data science, and sales teams to set marketing strategy, define the messaging, and develop product positioning with messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Vigorously prioritize conflicting opinions and goals based upon business needs and communicate effectively with stakeholders to build alignment
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the Wallaroo product and feature including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support Wallaroo products and features on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use the products and features.
Why should you care about this role?
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and have a major impact and influence over the company's products and services.
- Work in AI - the hottest field in the market with the potential for making the biggest impact in our lives
- The opportunity to define GTM and messages on products that drive ML/AI adoption
- Impact - you get to drive the product marketing strategy, direction and lifecycle.
- Adapt, innovate and invent processes as needed.
- Work with high velocity smaller, more efficient teams
- Opportunity to help grow a small, dynamic company
What we are looking for:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in enterprise software (subscription, SaaS, or Cloud) product marketing roles
- Understanding of cloud marketplaces, open-source technologies, and subscription business models
- Strong technical foundation and familiarity with data platforms and ability to rapidly understand complex technical concepts
- Demonstrated track record developing engaging messaging as well as authoring compelling content
- Self-motivated individual with a drive to results in fast-paced environments
- Team player who can work across multiple functional teams
- Sense of ownership in the success of the product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with diverse audiences
- A desire to help and share knowledge with other team members