TelCom Construction is a hiring full-time Fiber Optic splicer. Primary responsibilities include ability to splice/test/repair cables/wires in both indoor and outdoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing diagrams, maintain activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), and taking splicing field notes.
What will you do?
- Perform tasks associated with the electronic upgrade and splicing of fiber optic cable
- Test, activate, and troubleshoot equipment after installation
- Maintain assigned vehicle as required, both periodic and daily including but not limited to checking fluids, cleaning and organizing
- Self-supervise all operations to ensure that all splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications
- Safely operate and use bucket truck to complete daily construction assignments as needed (potentially climb poles)
- Field train and control/oversee the work of other Splicers when necessary
- Complete daily production reports, mark-up maps, keep track of work hours, complete "as-built maps" for areas built and track daily production
- Reconcile all issued parts and materials on a daily basis to ensure accurate material usage counts.
- Frequently work independently
- Perform general clean up
- Provide accurate daily timekeeping
- Other splicing related duties as assigned
- Must have previous experience splicing fiber optic cable
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Must be able to read and build from blueprints and/or wire diagrams
- Have knowledge of telecommunications network structure
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license or be eligible and willing to obtain the required license for the position
- Maintain a current DOT health certificate
- Ability to work in emergencies at night and weekends if needed
- Ability to be on an on-call rotation
- Regular travel as required
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low
- Remote work may be required - long driving and sitting will be required in these instances
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs as needed with or without assistance
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
Benefits and Company Summary
Why Should You Apply:
- We offer paid lodging, a daily per diem when overnight travel is required
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with company match and tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Up to 7 paid annual Holidays
- New and updated trucks and equipment
TelCom Construction is a full service, turnkey telecommunications utility contractor with a growing market presence within the industry. Headquartered in Clearwater, MN and with locations throughout the Upper Midwest, our focus on Midwestern values and continuously delivering a quality product with attention to safety, integrity and customer satisfaction has driven our success.
TelCom is proud to be an EEO/AA and Veteran-Friendly employer!
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page at https://telcomconstruction.com/careers.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.