The Facilities Manager implements programs, vendor relationships, and provides leadership and support to all facilities staff. This role is responsible for establishing standards and guidelines for facilities operations, major equipment, and systems use and replacement, determining long range replacement plans, and assisting in the implementation of these programs.
- Supervises the activities and processes related to building and ground maintenance and assets management control for three locations (Nashville, Macon, La Vergne)
- Supervises the maintenance of all ground service equipment for three location (Nashville, Macon, La Vergne)
- Manages the transportation department for three locations (Nashville, Macon, La Vergne)
- Acts as the fuel program accountability manager for Macon and Nashville
- Maintains inventory of spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Manages pre-shift equipment inspection program for Nashville, Macon, and La Vergne
- Manages the interior rack program for all three locations (fabrication and maintenance)
- Administers and directs all major and minor repairs and improvements, personally oversees as needed.
- Coordinates in-house, retrofit and cosmetic improvements, on facilities and equipment.
- Creates technical specifications and initiates PR’s to purchase parts and materials.
- Acts as a company representative or airport liaison to ensure compliance with FAA security revisions and airport tenant rules and regulations.
- Analyzes and interprets blue prints for code compliance and ADA workplace safety and ensures compliance.
- Procures bids and contracts for required services. Develops Technical Specifications for bidding process.
- Manage activities and performance of service providers who conduct regular work on site. Service providers may include but not limited to: janitorial, catering, landscaping, HVAC maintenance, Air Compressor Maintenance, and pest control.
- Administers payment to service providers for work completed.
- Prepares and manages preventive and corrective maintenance schedules.
- Maintains KPI’s to track reliability of critical equipment, work orders for PM, corrective maintenance, and requests.
- Supports maintenance of IT systems, badging system, camera systems
- Administer and manager facility/campus key systems and records.
- Ensures proper execution of the plans and procedures related to disaster or emergency evacuation, in conjunction with Environmental Health and Safety team.
- Manage maintenance and certification of Life Safety equipment, fire sprinklers, Delouge systems, fire extinguishers, and fire alarms.
- Primary liaison with local fire department.
- Supervises the company lock out-tag out program.
- Communicates area objectives, company policies, and procedures to the employees.
- Prepares and manages annual employee performance review system.
- Prepares and maintains budgets for multiple facility cost centers. Takes corrective action to insure budgets are maintained.
- Develops, monitors, and presents cost savings initiatives to submit for company cost savings programs.
- Actively participates in five-year plan for capital improvement and maintenance.
- Ensures employment law, work security/safety rules, and company policy and procedures compliance.
- Controls productivity (effectiveness/efficacy) and the organizational results for the area.
- Manages the work environment to keep employee motivation and productivity.
- Manages employee in terms of professional performance, career development, training, compensation, staff analysis (new hire/termination), area/team integration, work conditions recommendations (vacation schedule, shift, overtime, on-call, stand by, travel availability, and day weekend), as well as offers guidance related to the disciplinary problems and authorizes employees’ absence.
- Train employees in the workplace.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Prefer five (5) or more years working in a facilities role, construction or other related field.
- Prefer three (3) or more years in a leadership role.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have complete working knowledge of building and maintenance aspects, construction as well as experience to oversee some administrative support activities specially to ensure compliance with FAA regulations and OSHA workplace safety.
- Should have general knowledge of environmental compliance for storing, disposing and storage of HAZMAT material. GHS ( Global Harmonized System)
- Demonstrated success in administering service providers
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project; MES; and SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Experience with reading and interpreting blueprints
- Ability to calmly work under pressure while maintaining professional demeanor
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Solid knowledge of Lean Production Concepts.
- Able to build, motivate, train, coach, and manage teams.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Flexible work schedule.