Junior Employment Law Content Specialist
Company : Peninsula Employment Services Limited
Department : Legal
Location : Toronto, Ontario (possibility of hybrid-remote)
Salary : Competitive, commensurate with experience ($52,500 to $58,000)
Working Days : Monday to Friday (37.5 hours weekly)
The Role of Employment Law Content Specialist:
This is a full-time position to join our team as an Employment Law Content Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for all employment law documentation and content, including converting UK documentation to Canadian standards, as well as blogs, marketing, and assisting in internal litigation.
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the drafting and updating of advisory and consultancy documentation as needed.
- Liaise with legal, marketing, advice, and consultancy on ongoing documentation and drafting projects.
- Provide guidance to the BrightHR teams (both in Canada and the UK) regarding legal content drafting and legal conversion.
- Oversee and assist with internal HR Q&A tools' content development and maintenance.
- Support the Senior Employment Law Content Specialist in preparing newsletters, weekly content, and client-facing webinars.
- Provide briefings and training to advice, consultancy, and marketing on changes to employment law.
- Send legislative updates to keep company leadership and management appraised of employment law developments.
- Ensure all legal content is kept up to date.
- Assist with litigation and other internal legal tasks as needed and required by legal manager.
The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, and you will be expected to perform different tasks on an ad-hoc basis as necessitated from time to time.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a Paralegal, Legal Clerk or assistant role.
- HR and/or Employment law experience/background preferred.
- CHRP designation preferred.
- University/College degree, preferably in Law/Paralegal diploma or HRM.
What you Bring to the Team:
- An enthusiasm for exceptional service delivery through interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented and an ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and demanding environment with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- A dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic approach, as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure. Must possess a “can-do” attitude, be self-motivated and use initiative.
Why work at Peninsula Canada?
- Day off on your birthday
- Enhanced Benefits with Health and Dental Coverage
- We offer a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Matching Program
- Downtown Location (Right near Union Station)
- Vacation Days increase after 2 and 5 years’ service
- Ask about our Peninsula Days, and more!
Peninsula is a highly motivated enterprise that promotes an entrepreneurial culture. Peninsula is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in our selection process.