At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We are looking for a highly energetic individual with technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our growing sales organization. As a Business Development representative at Algolia, you will play a critical role prospecting and expanding business opportunities for our Enterprise and Commercial teams across the Nordic region. You will be a valuable piece to our process and will take part in a wide variety of responsibilities that will help foster, qualify and mature our sales pipeline with high profile customers. We need someone with a hunter attitude who can take direction as well as have the drive and motivation to work autonomously.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Working closely with our Enterprise and Commercial teams to build a global pipeline and strategize on how to approach targeted accounts in the Nordic region.
- Identify and prospect key contacts at target accounts and build the foundations for a strong, long lasting relationship.
- Execute appropriate strategies by building out right content ie. case studies, screencasts, presentations, demo hacks. This is where we expect you to unleash your creativity!
- Be an active part of the team, sharing best practices and participating in the Business Development organisation's projects.
- Manage, track and report sales activities and results using SFDC.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Prior experience in lead generation and or sales (SaaS experience preferred, but not required).
- Highly motivated with a competitive edge.
- Communication and writing skills are on point.
- Strong ability to quickly learn and adapt to change.
- Demonstrated success overachieving (professionally/ personally).
- You have a keen interest in the tech industry.
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
- Prior experience in lead generation and sales (SaaS experience preferred, but not required). A Nordic language is a benefit but not a must. English speakers have proven successful in this region in the past.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.