We are looking for a senior-level communications professional to join our team in advising clients on corporate reputation. In your role, you will work with our fintech and financial services clients on brand building, corporate positioning, executive visibility, thought leadership, proactive communications, and issues management.
Invariant is expanding its team in Communications and Public Affairs and is seeking a Director/VP/SVP to join our growing team.
We are consultants to both Fortune 500 and the most disruptive new companies in the country. You will work in a dynamic environment, helping our clients build their brands.
Invariant is a different kind of firm. We look at communications, public affairs, government relations, and business strategy holistically. You will do challenging, impactful work here. We look for entrepreneurial, collaborative, and ambitious professionals who want to have an impact. If that sounds interesting to you, come join us.
What you’ll do:
- Develop corporate and public affairs programming strategies encompassing media, thought leadership, events, and influencer engagement to build reputation
- Provide sound counsel on a range of issues, working closely with clients
- Develop and execute executive positioning and communications programs
- Build creative brand storytelling campaigns that cross earned, owned, and paid media channels
- Help lead earned media strategy, creation, and distribution of press materials; manages media relations and the use of earned media around executive‐level priorities
- Serve as day to day account lead
Who you are:
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in public relations, public affairs, and/or media
- Demonstrated expertise developing and executing communications strategies across mainstream (traditional) media and social/digital media
- Excellent writing skills and experience with both traditional and digital communications channels
- Skilled media relations strategist and practitioner with top tier media relations expertise
- Excellent project management skills, used to working on multiple clients
- Proven experience in managing account teams with a focus on leadership, team building, mentoring and client relation skills
- Temperamentally suited to a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where flexibility and adaptability to change are key determinants of success
- Self-starter and team player that can work autonomously and well with others
Invariant is committed to creating a diverse culture and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know your rights and responsibilities