We're looking for a Director of Product to own our Core Features product group. This person will oversee several product areas as well as lead the product managers in those areas. Those product areas include customer portal, merchant portal, checkout, and payment processing. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product.
As a leader in our product team, you will translate your insights and knowledge of the industry into concrete proposals supporting product expansion and improvements. You will bring the voice of the customer to every conversation and will work with the PM, UX, and Engineering teams on building world-class features. In addition, you will work closely with go-to-market teams (product marketing, sales, partnerships) to understand the market and launch new products.
We’re looking for someone who is resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the details while also keeping the big picture in mind. We need a creative and resourceful group product manager who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving.
Our stack includes: Flask, Python, Vue.js
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Lead a team of Product Managers on delivering requirements, supervising team members’ delivery and execution throughout the product delivery lifecycle.
- Be a point of escalation and prioritization for team, assessing implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources and mitigating or pivoting accordingly.
- Own product portfolio backlog; partner with product managers within the portfolio to regularly groom backlogs.
- Collaborate with various departments such, as Product Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, and Design, to bring product features to market, drive adoption, and deliver on objectives.
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently.
- Gather requirements, define functionality, and set goals in a clear, actionable format that can be used to communicate with the team and drive product delivery.
- Develop product roadmap and vision to ensure projects with the largest impact get prioritized for your product areas, guiding PMs as they work towards a greater vision.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Product and other product leaders to define processes, product strategy, and product roadmap.
- Willingness and ability to dive into the details and get your hands dirty by reading API docs, writing product specifications, and writing user stories.
- Willingness to be a player-coach and lead product initiatives with an engineering team.
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 7+ years of product management experience in a fast paced technology driven company (preferably SaaS)
- 5+ years experience working directly with software engineering teams to build product
- 2+ years of experience managing product managers across a multi-product portfolio, developing and implementing back-end and front-end products
- Proven track record of building products that people love and delivering business results
- Ability to transitions products from v1 to v2 and launch new products lines (0 to 1)
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale
- Motivated by finding ways to use process to produce results (not as an end unto itself)
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don't need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact in a highly visible role
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience