Looking for your next career move in one of the largest growing industries in the country? TelCom Construction is a telecommunications contractor hiring full-time Directional Drill Operators. Our Directional Drill operators safely and effectively run Directional Drills as well as other construction equipment used in the installation, repair and maintenance of underground telecommunications utilities.
What will you do?
- Safely and efficiently operate drill equipment and/or other trenching or digging equipment: Plow, Backhoe/Excavator, Rock Saw, Dozer/Lead Tractor, Tractor Trailer (Moving Equipment/Haul Water)
- Install and maintain underground fiber optic and other telecommunications cabling service lines
- Restore and/or landscape disturbed areas of the jobsite
- Develop and maintain an appropriate bore schedule
- Dig pits, trenches and potholes as directed by job plan including when crossing utilities either by hand and or by use of appropriate mechanical tools
- Site set-up and clean-up
- Load and unload tools, materials and equipment
- Set up safety perimeter using signage, cones and safety barriers (may include traffic direction)
- Will be involved in new site Job Task Safety Analysis (JTSA) prior to starting construction
- Must be experienced with Directional Drill equipment and understand their capabilities and limitations
- Experience with drill set up and design processes
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to use small tools/hand tools.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules and operating instructions
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record - Unrestricted Class A CDL with Tanker Endorsement strongly preferred
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be very safety conscientious
- Must be able to effectively communicate with crew, customers and vendors
- May be required to work overtime: after regular business hours, weekends, or be on emergency on-call as needed
- Travel may be required
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
- Remote work may be required - long driving and sitting will be required in these instances
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include but are not limited to: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus potentially near and/or far as needed
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens
The noise level in the work environment for this position is moderate to loud
All work is outdoors so employees in this position are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
Benefits and Company Summary
Why Should You Apply:
- Paid lodging and per diem when overnight travel is required
- Company vehicles for crews to get to and from job sites
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, Life and AD&D, Short and Long-term disability insurance, Legal, both traditional and ROTH 401k retirement plans with company match, Company stock purchase program and tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- 7 paid annual Holidays
- Ongoing training opportunities for individuals demonstrating an aptitude and drive to expand their skill base (eg: equipment operation, utility locating, etc)
- Class A CDL Licensure program
- Rapid advancement is available for those who possess the determination and positive attitude to progress in their careers
- New and updated trucks and equipment
TelCom Construction is a full service, turnkey telecommunications utility contractor with a growing market presence within the industry. Headquartered in Clearwater, MN and with locations throughout the Upper Midwest, our focus on Midwestern values and continuously delivering a quality product with attention to safety, integrity and customer satisfaction has driven our success.
TelCom is proud to be an EEO/AA and Veteran-Friendly employer!
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page at https://telcomconstruction.com/careers
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.