Who We Are
As a Best Managed Company, we are honoured to be named one of London’s Best Places to Work. Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated organization that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we grow through collaboration, innovation, and open communication. At Sifton, we build outstanding communities where people live, work and play, and we live our values to the fullest.
We would love for you to join our team!
Note:This is Parttime -75 hours biweekly
About the Role
- Greets residents and their guests in a warm inviting manner.
- Organizes dining room services to ensure each resident’s needs/preferences are met through seating to deliver of meal service.
- Inspects and garnishes food and ensures that it is attractively arranged for delivery to residents.
- Supervises meal service to residents and all customers to ensure it is completed in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains a presentable & inviting environment by overseeing the cleaning of the dining room/ pub/café areas.
- Direct service staff and provide leadership to dining room staff as required.
- Ensures dining room supplies and linens are maintained and always clean, pressed etc.
- Maintains guest registry and billings for additional dining room charges, caterings, alcoholic beverages, pub charges etc.
- Performs other duties and functions that from time to time are required.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of grade 12 or equivalent. Graduate of a recognized food service/hospitality program preferred. Smart Serve certified.
- Previous supervisory experience, with demonstrated coaching and problem solving skills, as well as a strong hospitality background in the food and beverage industry.
- Sound knowledge of proper food handling and storage procedures.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the Management Team
- The ability to work accurately and quickly.
- Empathy for and ability to get along with the elderly and people with disabilities.
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
What We Can Offer You
- We’ll set you up for success by providing in-depth training with your team and mentors, working in partnership with our leadership team.
- You’ll enjoy special events, celebrations, and unique perks, specific to your role and work environment, that reinforce our commitment to creating a wonderful employee experience.
- Our unique rewards and recognition programs are designed to celebrate you, your contributions and promote your success.
- Our Employee Assistance Program is available for your everyday needs.
At Sifton Properties Limited, we are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Further, your well-being and safety are important to us. We prioritize work-life balance and offer strong health and safety programs, including required COVID vaccination for all roles, to support our employees, families, and the larger communities we serve.Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.