PPSLRSWMO currently has an opening for a Development Database Coordinator. This is a full-time, benefited position at the Forest Park headquarters in the Central West End.
POSITION: Development Database Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time, Benefited, Hourly, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
Competitive salary based on experience, with a range of $40,000 - $45,000. Benefits include, health, dental and vision insurance, employer contribution and match on 403B contributions, 8 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
COVID-19 Vaccination Required
The Development team at Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri is growing and seeking a dynamic team member in support of the work to transform access to health care for patients in Missouri and Illinois.
The Donor Data and Research Manager manages the donor database (65%), leads gift reconciliation and reporting (20%), and assists with annual fund and major gift fundraising (15)%. This individual handles all aspects of gift processing: entry, acknowledgement, and reporting, ensuring accuracy of gift and donor records. This individual works closely with Finance to reconcile transactions, and with senior development staff to develop and produce reports for internal use and external constituents. This individual understands the ebb and flow of donor giving throughout the year, is self-motivated and enjoys working in a cooperative team. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
This position requires the ability to maintain strict confidentially, computer and database experience, and writing skills. Knowledge of DonorPerfect and EveryAction are a plus. Candidates must have reliable transportation for travel within Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri territory.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED:
· Database Manager - DonorPerfect (65%)
· Receive and process gifts daily; write and execute the mailing of acknowledgment letters for all affiliated organizations within 24 hours of receipt of gift.
· Develop in-depth personal knowledge of database capacity and use to provide strategic direction to the department on issues related to record maintenance, reporting, and prospect research.
· Support other development staff on database functions.
· Identify gifts that provide staff the opportunity to follow up with a customized thank you letter or phone call.
· Maintain approximately 20,000 donor records, assuring accuracy and completeness.
· Collaborate with colleagues to create targeted mailing lists for events, solicitations, stewardship, etc.
· Reporting & Reconciliation (20%)
· Prepare monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy of all gifts with the Finance Department
· Ensure donor contact information is shared between relevant platforms (e.g. DonorPerfect and EveryAction) through regular coordination with the Statewide Data Analyst.
· Utilize EveryAction to query daily, weekly, or monthly online donation reports to enter gifts into DonorPerfect.
· Design and prepare regular reports for the department, such as the following;
oAnalysis of direct mail or electronic solicitations, and various giving patterns.
oFinancial and membership reports for Board meetings, development committee meetings, and special projects or requests from the board.
oWeekly and monthly reports to track individual fundraiser, departmental, and campaign goals
· Annual Fund and Major Gift Support (15%)
· Assist gift officers and front-line fundraisers to manage their portfolio of donors through preparing regular reports for moves management meetings to review progress-to-goal on cultivation and solicitation strategies.
· Collaborate on annual giving strategy, including calendar of cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition activities of annual donors, and accurate data pulls.
· Monitor, analyze, and interpret all donations on an ongoing basis, promoting donor retention and enhancing the donor experience.
· Compile data, provide analysis and contribute to evaluation of solicitation campaigns and event.
· Work closely across Development team to develop and manage consistent messaging to donors and prospects that aligns with solicitation and donor-specific stewardship communications
GENERAL DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Speak with donors by telephone when they call with questions or concerns. Must be handled in a professional and courteous manner.
Bring to the attention of the Director of Development or Vice President of Development discussions with a donor, prospect, volunteer, Board member or any other Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri constituent.
Other duties as assigned, including general support of the activities of the Development Department.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE:
Establishes and assures compliance with organizational policies that:
· Ensure the provision of the highest quality and most professional service deliver to all Planned Parenthood clients;
· Protect Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri assets from liability;
· Ensure the physical safety of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri clients, staff and volunteers;
· Protects confidentiality of all Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri clients, donors, Board and all areas of operation;
· Follow HIPAA privacy and security guidelines.
Excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate, thorough, and timely work
Outstanding organizational skills: the ability to plan, to juggle many and varied priorities,
Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to communicate well with wide variety of people including colleagues, volunteers, donors and external contacts.
A working knowledge of database capacity and usage
Excellent with Excel and Word
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent interpersonal skills, including providing assistance to fellow team members, readiness to ask for assistance and support, and ability to keep focused on the overall goals and mission
A fearless passion for the mission of Planned Parenthood and belief that, as a team, we are unstoppable
Commitment to building and fostering an anti-racist environment in the fields of philanthropy and health care
4 or more years of work experience, 2 to 4 years in data management, accounting or payment processing, nonprofit development, or donor research
Experience with databases, preferably Donor Perfect or Raisers Edge
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they have every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and our hiring processes are centered on assessing candidates based on diverse lived experiences. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our requirements described.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri does not discriminate on any basis such as culture, age, race, color, sex, marital status, gender identity, ethnic heritage, language, national origin, spiritual belief or tradition, sexual orientation, physical ability/characteristics, genetic information, number of pregnancies, socio-economic circumstances or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri acknowledges and owns our past and present, therefore we seek to look inward into how white supremacy continues to show up in our organization. We have a responsibility to create a place of equity and of inclusion and we commit to dismantling racism and moving the needle to a more equitable workplace.
PPSLRSWMO is a tobacco-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.