PPSLRSWMO currently has an opening for an Data and Technology Manager. This is a full-time, benefited position at the Forest Park headquarters in the Central West End.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD ADVOCATES IN MISSOURI (PPMO)
POSITION TITLE: Data and Technology Manager
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Planned Parenthood Advocates in Missouri
Planned Parenthood Advocates in Missouri (PPMO) seeks a Data and Technology Manager. PPMO is the joint public policy project of Missouri’s two Planned Parenthood affiliate advocacy and public policy arms: Planned Parenthood Great Plains Votes (PPGPV) and Advocates of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri (Advocates of PPSLRSWMO).
THE WORK OF PPMO
Planned Parenthood Great Plains and Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri are dedicated providers of high-quality affordable sexual and reproductive health care across Missouri. The affiliates' advocacy and political arms formed PPMO as a joint project to advance public policy so all Missourians can access high-quality, affordable, and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care.
PPMO is the leading advocate for Missourians’ sexual and reproductive rights, working tirelessly to block legislation that restricts access to sex education, contraceptives, and abortion. PPMO maintains a professional lobbying program in Jefferson City; monitors federal, state and local legislation and analyzes its effects on the affiliates and their patients; informs supporters about proposed legislation and encourages contact with their legislators; and recruits, trains and supports volunteers to work in a variety of advocacy roles.
PPMO ensures Missouri Planned Parenthood advocacy, electoral and public policy arms are able to conduct in-depth grassroots power building efforts as a unified force in our state.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED
● Orient, train and manage public policy team data management, reporting, collaboration, and information sharing. This includes tools such as VAN, EveryAction, Hustle, and Google Drive.
● Work closely with members of the PPMO, affiliate public policy team, and PPFA on the preparation of electoral strategy and targeting.
● Ensure PPMO and affiliate policy and organizing work is data-driven, analyzed and informed by best practices in the field.
● Monitor and report to public policy staff on opposition online activity, primarily focusing on legislative opposition.
● Act as a backup for the Statewide Communications Manager for managing emails and the PPMO website.
● Work with PPFA and vendors to ensure full functionality of VAN and EveryAction.
● Stay on top of new and emerging grassroots technology.
● Assist affiliate staff with all aspects of digital organizing and data management. Tasks include training, bulk data entry, import/exports, trouble shooting, supporting all forms of supporter and voter contact and overall strategizing.
● Serve as PPMO liaison to affiliate IT departments regarding email system and document storage via Google Drive.
● Work with the public policy team to train grassroots organizers and volunteers on proper data collection and entry procedures.
● Conduct file imports and exports to ensure statewide and affiliate supporter and activist lists are up-to-date.
● Support special projects of the affiliates as needed.
PLANNING, REPORTING, AND ANALYSIS
● Evaluate current systems and provide feedback to improve operations and supporter outreach.
● Use data visualization tools like QGIS, Google Data Studio, and Power BI to help illustrate affiliate and public policy work and to aid in storytelling online and in print.
● Assist with data gathering for affiliate, state, and national reporting.
● Track and analyze supporter and voter contact response rates. Work with the PPMO and affiliate teams to develop and test strategies to increase response rates and leadership development.
● Assist in the facilitation of annual reporting and planning meetings/calls with Public Affairs Senior Management and CEOs.
● Provide funder/PPFA reporting as needed/required.
● Assist in the development and implementation of statewide projects in consultation with the PPMO Director and affiliate Public Affairs Senior Management.
● Manage data to drive the strategic decisions of the statewide team.
● Direct internal strategy to match the direction of best available data.
● Report to CEOs and funders as required by statewide project(s).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
● Experience with VAN, Every Action, and mass texting tools (I.E. Hustle, ThruText)
● Intermediate Excel / Google Sheets experience.
● Understanding of direct action organizing, movement building work through legislative, electoral or legal tactics required.
● Two to three years’ experience in organizing, data management or a social justice-related field is required and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Evening and weekend work is required.
● Experience in reading, analyzing, and interpreting data and voter files.
● Commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission, purpose and values.
QUALITY AND RISK MANAGEMENT
● Attend department weekly staff meetings, statewide monthly check-in calls, and quarterly face-to-face meetings.
● Adhere to PPSLRSWMO policies that ensure the provision of the highest quality and most professional services to all PPSLRSWMO clients.
● Ensure compliance with conditions of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) guidelines for approved activities.
● Protect PPSLRSWMO assets from liability.
● Ensure the physical safety of PPSLRSWMO clients and staff.
● Protect the confidentiality of Missouri Planned Parenthood clients, donors, board, and all areas of operation.
Planned Parenthood Advocates in Missouri does not discriminate on any basis such as culture, age, race, color, sex, marital status, gender identity, ethnic heritage, language, national origin, spiritual belief or tradition, sexual orientation, physical ability/characteristics, genetic information, number of pregnancies, socio-economic circumstances or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PPMO acknowledges and owns our past and present, therefore we seek to look inward into how white supremacy continues to show up in PPMO. We have a responsibility to create a place of equity and of inclusion and we commit to dismantling racism and moving the needle to a more equitable workplace at PPMO.
Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri acknowledges and owns our past and present, therefore we seek to look inward into how white supremacy continues to show up in Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri. We have a responsibility to create a place of equity and of inclusion and we commit to dismantling racism and moving the needle to a more equitable workplace at Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri.
Competitive salary based on experience, with a floor of $45,000. Benefits include, health, dental and vision insurance, employer contribution and match on 403B contributions, 8 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
PPSLRSWMO is a tobacco-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.