The Customer Experience Specialist provides an excellent overall customer service experience by driving results for the Harvest Card program, executing the Buy Online Pick Up in Store program (BOPIS), and answering incoming phone calls.
- Motivate and train Rural King associates to be engaged, to be able to articulate the benefits of the Harvest Card to differing audiences, and to help execute the application process from start to finish in compliance with credit card regulations.
- Responsible for the team to meet location goals and objectives set for Harvest Card applications.
- Be proactive in increasing engagement with associates and explaining and clarifying the benefits the customer gains from them becoming a card holder.
- Help greet customers with energy and enthusiasm to build rapport and present them with the opportunity to become a Harvest Card holder.
- Demonstrate passion for innovative ways to champion the card.
- Ensure associates are following regulatory compliance processes when customers are signing up for the card.
- Establish and maintain a partnership with the team of associates at Redstone Federal Credit Union.
- Responsible for adhering to and complying with the company policies established for the credit information gathering process.
- Be customer service oriented by walking customers to the correct item or associate when looking for a specific product.
- Oversee the BOPIS program including store fulfillment and customer pick up.
- Complete weekly BOPIS audit comparing the BOPIS storage areas and physical product vs the BOPIS orders in the system to identify any items outside of the 14 day pick up time slot.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural King’s Harvest Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Operate machinery such as a forklift, pallet jack, handheld inventory device, and other retail equipment.
- File paperwork quickly and accurately.
- Use general office equipment.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to use point-of-sale system to complete transactions.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to remain stationary for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices).
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds intermittently.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 5+ years of retail, customer service, sales, or business experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Be able to travel up to one week for orientation and ongoing several times per year.
- Must be flexible with work hours: ability to work a 40-hour workweek (predominantly 10 AM-7 PM Wednesday - Sunday with one weekend off per month). As business dictates, be able to work varied hours, days, and nights.
- Proven ability to motivate others to a common goal.
- Strong sales, communication, and social skills.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless tablets.
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.