Under the direction of the Director of Facilities/Public Space, coordinates office activities including scheduling appointments, delegating work, providing information to callers, taking notes, and otherwise relieving the department head of clerical administrative and business related details. Takes notes on computer and/or transcribes from voice recordings involving standard business vocabulary on highly confidential company matters. Composes and types routine or complex correspondence and reports from rough drafts, editing format, grammar, punctuation or spelling as needed. Establishes, maintains and, when necessary, revises department filing system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise engineers/public space in the absence of other management.
- Maintain HotSOS database (users, issues, rooms, standards, reports)
- Records Minutes of staff meetings; distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Assist department head in soliciting contractors/vendors, developing scopes of work, and preparing bid proposals, regarding renovations and major repairs to building and property.
- Place emergency service calls; obtain purchase order numbers; secure job tickets for work performed and verify with maintenance staff for accuracy; prepare requisitions.
- Follow-up on emergency service calls to obtain invoices and complete requisitions; get approvals; and forward to Purchasing Dept.
- Research products and services through the internet. Initiate contact with existing vendors and establishing working relationship with new ones building an excellent working rapport.
- Prepare requisitions for parts, supplies, chemicals, equipment, tools and services.
- Work closely with Purchasing Dept. regarding status of purchase orders; delivery times; receiving orders.
- Follow up with Accounts Payables securing deposit checks and closing out purchase orders.
- Keep a log of all requisitions/purchase orders from inception to completion and update vendor files.
- Liaison between department head, staff, outside vendors and contractors.
- Maintain attendance logs and update files for Facilities/Public Space staff. Review/verify weekly payroll for Facilities and Public Space staff; enter any corrections, vacations, holidays into the system. Track/verify utility consumption and payments; HVAC equipment repairs.
- Prepare CAP-EX spread sheets. Develop and implement interdepartmental tracking forms. Receives, opens, and distributes incoming mail, safeguards confidential material. Receives and sends facsimile and electronic mail.
- Sets up and maintains office files and records, reports and other pertinent documents specific to the office.
- Types various documentation (reports, letters, memos, bid proposals, scopes of work)
- Performs a broad range of administrative details of a highly confidential nature on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probably errors could result in unnecessary costs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or Tribal/governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc.
- High School diploma or GED with one (1) to two (2) years of related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.