Development Gateway: An IREX Venture (DG) is an international non-profit organization with team members based in more than 10 countries worldwide. For over 20 years, DG has researched data ecosystems, built digital tools to support those data ecosystems, and advised on data strategy and digital transformation to strengthen decision-making, transparency, and service delivery. DG has expertise in deploying digital tools in agriculture, health, aid management, data & data strategy, extractives, information management systems, open contracting & procurement, and beyond.
We are a creative and dynamic group of people based around the globe. We value hard work, innovative thinking, a commitment to teamwork, and a good sense of humor.
The Communications Manager will lead our communication, publication, and outreach capacity by driving organizational brand performance and strategic positioning. This role will be responsible for several key goals including creating and driving a communications strategy that optimizes our online presence, creating digestible, people-focused digital content, leveraging social media to drive engagement through our ideas and content. The Communications Manager will report to the Director of Engagement & Partnerships, working closely with IREX’s communications team regularly.
Digital Communications Planning and Management
- Develop and implement DG’s communications campaigns, including around upcoming business development and policy priorities.
- Oversee the day-to-day functioning of DG’s digital properties including social media, website, and any other online communications with DG’s Communications Associate.
- Design innovative campaigns to articulate DG’s approach, products, and impact.
- Collaborate with Director of Engagement & Partnerships and CEO to set organizational and programmatic communications goals, and track progress towards goals for engagement.
- Plan for and update content on the DG website.
- Create and aggregate written, video, audio content to distribute across a variety of digital properties including social media, blog, website, and podcast.
- Create and repurpose digestible and accessible content, and work with the Engagement & Partnerships team to maintain an editorial and content calendar.
- Advise on communications strategies within DG’s portfolio of projects and programs
Events & Policy Positioning
- Identifies event and conference opportunities for DG’s participation, and coordinates submissions and pitches.
- Identifies relevant working groups and policy groups for DG’s participation.
- Engage communications managers and policy directors at peer organizations around key global policy and advocacy initiatives.
Must have experience:
- Degree in communication, marketing, or similar degree preferred. Candidates from all academic majors encouraged to apply.
- 5+ years of work experience in digital communications, social media, and/or marketing in a nonprofit organization, private sector company, foundation, or government agency.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French, Kiswahili, Spanish, or another language an advantage.
- Creativity and enthusiasm for branded, high-quality, well-designed communications.
- Proven track record of working within a global environment, with global teams.
Nice to have:
- Visual design skills
- Adobe Creative Suite experience, specifically InDesign
- Experience supervising communications personnel
- WordPress experience
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
To apply, visit developmentgateway.org/careers/. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications close August 26th.
The projected salary for this position is between $75,000 and $85,000 annually, plus benefits.
DG requires all US-based team members to provide Covid-19 vaccination verification, in compliance with Executive Order (EO) 14042.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and lived experience. We strongly encourage applications from people whose identities are underrepresented in the sectors where DG works. DG does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.